• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lautenberg’s ammo ban bill would strip away long-standing privacy protections

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
The bill would be an absolute nightmare for gun owers. It would require that all ammunition sales occur ‘in person’, effectively ending online sales of ammo. But that is not all. Under the bill, private sales of ammunition would be completely banned while ammunition sellers would be subject to the same licensure and regulation that is currently required only of manufacturers and importers.

It requires the seller to report any cumulative purchases by the same individual over a 5 day period that totals more than 1,000 rounds. Well how would they do this? What possible method could they use to insure that they knew when a given customer’s cumulative purchases over the course of 5 days total more than 1,000 rounds?

Read more at http://monachuslex.com/?p=1427

Lasjayhawk

What is this supposed to accomplish? If your in the sticks or a small town, it will make it hard to get ammo, but if your in a big town....

I could get 50,000+ rounds a week in Las Vegas, without ever hitting his trigger. And all this would do is make people drive around burning gas instead of using the internet. IMHO this nutjob must be in bed with big oil! :monkey