• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police: Cop Accidentally Shoots Fellow Officer

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Of course I remember Zimmerman but wow I hadn't heard about the internet posts part of it.
I'll look it up.

Also I'm not calling you or Massad Ayoob out, it's sensible advice. I just have never heard of this being used in a case, specifically one where comments on a "supposedly" anonymous forum were tied to an actual defendant and used against them.

Found it. Next to last paragraph at the link below. The entire article is worth reading. Also, he has a couple dozen articles published at the same website.

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/ayoob105.html

MKEgal

I used to believe the line about "the dog was charging me",
about like I used to believe the line about "officer safety".

Then I had an (ex) friend whose dog was shot by an officer after someone walking by opened the gate & let him out, then claimed he bit her ankle & she called police & an ambulance.
This dog wouldn't bite anyone.
Ever.
It had been conditioned from puppyhood not to lay a tooth on any human.
But the officer who responded claimed the dog charged him so he "had to" shoot it.

Problem is, he apparently had one of those magical Hollywood bullets from the Matrix, the kind that can turn 90 degrees in flight, 'cause the dog was shot sideways through the lungs... while supposedly charging toward the officer.

davidmcbeth

Banned
What's the deal with the police declaring war on our dogs?
y[/url]

Police have become rabid ..... they are just HS graduates folks ... not in the army where if you screw up then your get screwed. Cops when they screw up, have a union to say they did right. Stop calling them "officers" to start - they do not deserve this title...and take action to lower your local PD #s, their pay, and take away their toys. Then they'll have to start acting like policemen should behave.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Police have become rabid ..... they are just HS graduates folks ... not in the army where if you screw up then your get screwed. Cops when they screw up, have a union to say they did right. Stop calling them "officers" to start - they do not deserve this title...and take action to lower your local PD #s, their pay, and take away their toys. Then they'll have to start acting like policemen should behave.

Hey! Would you mind toning down your generalized anti-cop rhetoric aka cop-bashing? You're going to get the thread locked for the rest of us.

sudden valley gunner

Well the experiment couldn't really fail. I was just wondering if anyone would reprimand me for making such a repugnant comment about a cop.

The poster I was referring to didn't comment but that wasn't the point, I didn't want to pick a fight about their comment or I would have done it in that thread. I was not offended or anything by their comment, just curious.

Gotcha....