• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police: Cop Accidentally Shoots Fellow Officer

davidmcbeth

Banned
pitbulls charged him ... right, they were likely just trying to shoot them 'cause they can...maybe he shot himself ...

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
They still have not figured out if the cop was hit by a richochet or not? Has anybody bothered to actually look at the wound, or to recover the bullet? It really should not need CSI to answer that question.

Some days the level of knowlege, skill, and ability astounds me - for the lack of all three. But then, I am an optimist -- especially when it come to the police.[/Jack Nicholson dripping sarcasm voice]

stay safe.

Steeler-gal

sudden valley gunner

That article is written so badly that it's hard to follow what they "think" happened let along figure out what actually happened.
But that "Unfortunately" comment seems unnecessary and hostile. Why Unfortunately? Do you really wish/think the cop deserved to die? What's up with that? :confused: :question: :confused:

I'm with you on this one. I am a dog lover too. But know human life is way more valuable. Plus we have no idea what is going on here, did someone sic the dogs on them, did they jump a gate and were in an element they shouldn't have been in......too many variables to make any sort of judgement.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I'm with you on this one. I am a dog lover too. But know human life is way more valuable. Plus we have no idea what is going on here, did someone sic the dogs on them, did they jump a gate and were in an element they shouldn't have been in......too many variables to make any sort of judgement.

I don't know any dog that tried to restrict our right to carry ... so they are more valuable than some humans.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
This is the sort of comment that can come back to bite its author. For example, in self-defense shooting with a few ambiguous circumstances, where the door is open to a prosecutor, this type of comment can be used to show an author does not have due regard for life.

Best to avoid these kinds of comments.

twoskinsonemanns

This is the sort of comment that can come back to bite its author. For example, in self-defense shooting with a few ambiguous circumstances, where the door is open to a prosecutor, this type of comment can be used to show an author does not have due regard for life.

It is a pretty lousy thing to say. But I was curious how people would react to it compared to the same thing said about another non-leo human shooting each other by accident.

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

Citizen I generally agree with your statement. but I was wondering if you know of any examples of this you could site. I am curious if if had ever happened in a specific case.

Just for the record my post about in being unfortunate was disingenuous. I noticed a poster said something very similar about a hunter shooting another hunter and no one seemed to care. Just as a social experiment I googled for it happening to a cop to see if MY statement would also be met apathetically.

sudden valley gunner

Did some of the poster in the other thread change their stance when it was a cop, was your experiment a success? Did they even post in this thread?

I am by no means a cop apologist, and feel the whole "proactive" law enforcement idea is unconstitutional. So I do tend to judge their actions more harshly than the average citizen.

It is just as disturbing to me someone would wish a hunter dead as they would a cop.

twoskinsonemanns

was your experiment a success? Did they even post in this thread?

Well the experiment couldn't really fail. I was just wondering if anyone would reprimand me for making such a repugnant comment about a cop.

The poster I was referring to didn't comment but that wasn't the point, I didn't want to pick a fight about their comment or I would have done it in that thread. I was not offended or anything by their comment, just curious.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Citizen I generally agree with your statement. but I was wondering if you know of any examples of this you could site. I am curious if if had ever happened in a specific case.

Remember the George Zimmerman case from just a few weeks ago? Some of his internet postings were being reported in the lamestream news media. I don't recall any specifics. Nor, do I recall whether those postings were found and forwarded by private citizens, the news media itself, or law enforcement.

I do however recall an article by Massad Ayoob several years ago where he reported police and plaintiffs would subpoena internet postings during investigation and discovery. The article was totally meant as a cautionary tale against tough-guy talk on the internet. One of his points was that when things get serious, for example a shooting is pretty dammed serious, the anonymity of the internet is little protection. Forum owners will be forced by subpoena to give up their user's information and post history.

twoskinsonemanns

Remember the George Zimmerman case from just a few weeks ago? Some of his internet postings were being reported in the lamestream news media. .

Of course I remember Zimmerman but wow I hadn't heard about the internet posts part of it.
I'll look it up.

Also I'm not calling you or Massad Ayoob out, it's sensible advice. I just have never heard of this being used in a case, specifically one where comments on a "supposedly" anonymous forum were tied to an actual defendant and used against them.

Last edited:

OC for ME

Cop 1: Hold still!.....quit jumping around!.....
Cop 2: (dog latched on to leg).....I''m trying.....just don't miss.....
Cop 1: Yeah yeah......you ain't helping.....
Cop 2: Hurry up will ya.....
Cop 1: Ya know, it is just about time for lunch.....you could be on your own ya know.....no hold still dang it.....BANG
Cop 2: DANG!!!....I told you to be careful.....
Cop 1: Man are we in trouble.....and I missed the dog.....Sarge is gunna be pissed.....
Cop 2: Man this hurts.....you idiot.....man (wincing in pain) my wife is gunna kill me.....after she kills you you nitwit.....
Cop 1: I guess the man's golf weekend is shot..... dang this sucks.....

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Of course I remember Zimmerman but wow I hadn't heard about the internet posts part of it.
I'll look it up.

Also I'm not calling you or Massad Ayoob out, it's sensible advice. I just have never heard of this being used in a case, specifically one where comments on a "supposedly" anonymous forum where tied to an actual defendant and used against them.

I understand. I didn't know about it, either, until I read the Ayoob article.

I think his article is at...let me look it up for you this evening. I know kinda where to look, but I can't remember exactly the name of the website.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Cop 1: Hold still!.....quit jumping around!.....
Cop 2: (dog latched on to leg).....I''m trying.....just don't miss.....
Cop 1: Yeah yeah......you ain't helping.....
Cop 2: Hurry up will ya.....
Cop 1: Ya know, it is just about time for lunch.....you could be on your own ya know.....no hold still dang it.....BANG
Cop 2: DANG!!!....I told you to be careful.....
Cop 1: Man are we in trouble.....and I missed the dog.....Sarge is gunna be pissed.....
Cop 2: Man this hurts.....you idiot.....man (wincing in pain) my wife is gunna kill me.....after she kills you you nitwit.....
Cop 1: I guess the man's golf weekend is shot..... dang this sucks.....

Forgot 1 line
Cop1: Oh, look, the dog is real friendly ... that's a good boy..good boy ..I'm taking him home to my 2 children to play with..I told you to put that pastrami sandwich in the refrigerator at the station and not in your pants!