• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Regal Cinemas Red Rock

Nevada carrier

My girlfriend and I went to see Batman at Regal Cinemas inside Redrock Station. We got our tickets, purchased some concessions and headed for the ticket taker. She took our tickets and asked to look inside my girlfriends purse, which she refused to permit. The ticket taker called on the radio for a manager who explained that it was for security purposes and it's now their corporate policy; they have to check. I told them they don't have to do anything, and asked him if they would be happy loosing our business now and forever as well as refund the cost of our admission as well as our food and drink. He said he regretted loosing our business, but agreed to refund our costs.

Added note, Century Theaters told us on the phone that they do not inspect purses or bags. Thanks Century, as long as you respect my rights You can have the business I used to give to Regal.

The Big Guy

My employee had the same experience recently at Regal. My wife called and confirmed. Won't do business with them either.
My wife called Century and they said no they did not inspect bags but that if they see you with a firearm they will ask you to put it in your car. Century is the one that kicked me out several years ago for open carry, (thread on here somewhere).

My solution to both these establishments is wait for the DVD to come out and get it on Netflix.

TBG

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Uh, don't they know the guy in Colorado didn't even bring his guns through the front door? The only person who would is the victim who chooses not to be helpless.

The Big Guy

another solution is to do what many are doing right now. The regal Cinemas Facebook is being bombarded with angry people. We should do the same. we can make this a huge PR black eye that is there for the world to see.

http://www.facebook.com/RegalEntertainmentGroup

My wife left a comment, I don't facebook.

I put on my conspiracy hat and came up with this. They check women's handbags, they don't check men. One might wonder if they are using the CO tragedy as an excuse to check big purses for people sneaking in outside snacks, Hmmmm????

TBG

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...He said he regretted loosing our business, but agreed to refund our costs...

And thank you for following through and actually showing them you aren't just going to complain but patronize them anyway.

In my mind's eye, I can picture you saying: "Oh by the way, there's nothing in my wife's purse. The gun is on my right hip. Have a nice day."

jdholmes

Unbelievable...I can assure you we will be giving regal our business. No one will be given the right to search my wife's property.

Cinedome 12 is much cheaper anyway. My wife and I love the theatre and even though I have 106" screen at home I still like the full theatre experience so concealed is the route I must take.

FallonJeeper

My wife and I and a buddy and his wife went to Century 14 Cinemark in Sparks, Saturday night. Knowing that there may be some freakout factor seeing a firearm openly carried, I concealed, as did my buddy. We weren't going out of our way to conceal, as I'm sure the bottom of my holster may have popped out a couple times. (Reason I don't usually CC in the Summer time).

But we weren't asked about firearms. No purses were checked. We had no issue. Ted was hilarious.

chrsjhnsn

I hate the way ppl just assume you even have a car to put your gun in.
I ride a sportbike, no place on there to secure a gun, plus if its in your car whats going to stop it from being stolen?

jdholmes

I ride a sportbike, no place on there to secure a gun, plus if its in your car whats going to stop it from being stolen?

Didn't you know modern cars are more secure than fort Knox? And what kind of person would break into a car anyway? We don't have bad people like that around here - if we did we may need to have a means of defense.

Merlin

Wow, what a shame. Firearm or not, I am not submitting to search. Period.

Funny thing is, if they searched my wife, she isn't the carrier, I am. :)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
If it is obvious that they are only searching women, they are wide open for a lawsuit.

The Big Guy

Come on now. All you have to do is put a sign on your car or bike that says that firearms may not be stolen from this vehicle. The bad guys will then obey it just like they do when signs are posted at the entrance to buildings. When are you guys/gals gonna get it through your head that a sign solves everything?

TBG

jpa

I went and saw Batman at Regal Aliante Station tonight while CCW. No searches, no requests to see the starfish, nothing. I also was lucky enough to see the movie without the floor show they got in Colorado.

jdholmes

If it is obvious that they are only searching women, they are wide open for a lawsuit.

I think it would be easy for them to argue that they are only searching "bags" regardless of gender, it just so happens that men generally don't carry bags - especially into the theatre.