• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Regal Cinemas now searching patrons

dmicucci

Just posted my dissatisfaction on their Facebook page. Funny thing is, out of all the comments I read, and there were several of them, not one was positive lol. Lots of complaints for all types of reasons...

davidmcbeth

Banned
Just posted my dissatisfaction on their Facebook page. Funny thing is, out of all the comments I read, and there were several of them, not one was positive lol. Lots of complaints for all types of reasons...

What's facebook? I thought only dogs had facebook pages ...

purlrider

Regal Theaters new policy

My one and I tried to go to a Regal Theater last Saturday. We were informed they have a new no gun policy, just like the one in Colorado. I never ever leave my house with out my side arm strapped to my hip. We have gone to Regal many times, but never more.

Guy

Metalhead47

My one and I tried to go to a Regal Theater last Saturday. We were informed they have a new no gun policy, just like the one in Colorado. I never ever leave my house with out my side arm strapped to my hip. We have gone to Regal many times, but never more.

Guy

Most movie theaters are this way way, whether they're aggressive about informing you about it or not (usually a tiny little sticker in the corner of the window. The Regal near Alderwood Mall has always been this way). Movie theaters are one of those few places I just conceal by default and avoid as much as possible.

Besides, why do you need a gun at a movie theater anyway? It's not like anyone's ever been shot there or something. Well except in the movie...:rolleyes:

sirpuma

Most movie theaters are this way way, whether they're aggressive about informing you about it or not (usually a tiny little sticker in the corner of the window. The Regal near Alderwood Mall has always been this way). Movie theaters are one of those few places I just conceal by default and avoid as much as possible.

Besides, why do you need a gun at a movie theater anyway? It's not like anyone's ever been shot there or something. Well except in the movie...:rolleyes:

Yeah, even in the 1800s going to the theater was perfectly safe, just ask Mrs. Lincoln. LOL

Jack House

At anyrate, if you break, or almost break, someone's finger's because they were doing their job, you deserve some jailtime.

Merlin

I went to a Century theater in Las Vegas this past weekend. I had my kid purposely carry a backpack with shirts in it (the kids get cold) to see if they would demand to search it. I was CC (lawfully). They didn't ask to search, so we got to see a movie.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

MainelyGlock

Scratch what I said about local theaters earlier. Two of the ones I frequent here are either searching your backpacks or making you leave them at the desk. Seriously considered leaving my Glock in one and my CCP on top with the zipper slightly open... Best not to provoke, though.

Rune

AMC is the same way. I've always just CC'd there. Movie theatres have always made me nervous... as was proven why in Colorado. The way I look at it... the worst that happens is I'm asked to leave and I get a refund on the way out. Never had a problem yet.

Jack House

Scratch what I said about local theaters earlier. Two of the ones I frequent here are either searching your backpacks or making you leave them at the desk. Seriously considered leaving my Glock in one and my CCP on top with the zipper slightly open... Best not to provoke, though.
That's just asking to get your gun stolen.

Then again, it is a Glock. :rolleyes:

since9

Campaign Veteran
I've yet to be searched by a RedBox or a Netflix download.

Just saying...

The popcorn is way cheaper, too! Less than 50 cents for a large bowl of freshly popped and hot buttered popcorn, and the butter is REAL!!! Sometimes I use parmesan cheese, though, for variety.

MainelyGlock

That's just asking to get your gun stolen.

Then again, it is a Glock. :rolleyes:

Haha. The employees at the one I go to most are very... crunchy, let's say. I think it's more likely that they'd faint, and then freak out at the sight of a handgun. Somewhere in the hysteria they'd manage to call in the state trooper SRT.

Last edited: