• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meetup 8/14/2012 Great Lakes Crossing Mall

DanM

Auburn Hills, MI, 6 pm (mall closes at 9pm). Meet outside the mall in front of the Bass Pro entrance. Bass Pro is on the north side of the mall.

We'll wait about 10-15 minutes, then go in. Lots of opportunities to shop, snack, and eat. If you're late, feel free to walk around and join up with us if you see us.

If anyone wants my mobile number for commo to find us if you're late, PM me.

Last edited:

DanM

Since LGOC is lawful in Michigan:

Taubman, the company that owns the mall and other locations, permits holstered handgun OC. It is unknown to me how they would react to LGOC. Possible reactions include: nothing at all, prohibit LGOC, re-think and prohibit all OC, or prohibit all weapons.

I do know that what is uppermost in their minds is making their guests happy, and of course that includes their perception of how to achieve that. They have always reserved the right to ask any guest to leave or to change their rules, and it was made clear to me personally by the VP I spoke to a few years ago that, while they agreed to permit handgun OC, the aforementioned rights still applied.

I have no information on whether or not Taubman is ready to accept LGOC or what their reaction would be to it. It could be nothing or it could be an over-reaction.

Taubman has been good to OC'ers, and we should consider them friends. When it comes to friends, my personal policy that I pass along as advice is: do what your friends are used to you doing, and talk to them about anything substantially new that they may experience from you before you expose them to it.

Taubman is our friend. I would recommend, before LGOC'ing at their property, explain it to them and ask them if they could accept it at this time or not.

stainless1911

Banned
Since LGOC is lawful in Michigan:

Taubman, the company that owns the mall and other locations, permits holstered handgun OC. It is unknown to me how they would react to LGOC. Possible reactions include: nothing at all, prohibit LGOC, re-think and prohibit all OC, or prohibit all weapons.

I do know that what is uppermost in their minds is making their guests happy, and of course that includes their perception of how to achieve that. They have always reserved the right to ask any guest to leave or to change their rules, and it was made clear to me personally by the VP I spoke to a few years ago that, while they agreed to permit handgun OC, the aforementioned rights still applied.

I have no information on whether or not Taubman is ready to accept LGOC or what their reaction would be to it. It could be nothing or it could be an over-reaction.

Taubman has been good to OC'ers, and we should consider them friends. When it comes to friends, my personal policy that I pass along as advice is: do what your friends are used to you doing, and talk to them about anything substantially new that they may experience from you before you expose them to it.

Taubman is our friend. I would recommend, before LGOC'ing at their property, explain it to them and ask them if they could accept it at this time or not.

Thank you for that courtesy Dan.

I have spoken with the head of security there about this. Although they do welcome Handgun OC, and are well aware of the legality of LGOC, they have told me specifically that they do not wish to have LG in the mall. They are indeed freinds to open carry, and we should treat them with our thanks, and our dollars.

HCSGM

Sorry to hear that. Since any public gathering in Michigan, particularly SE Michigan, might have the presence of anyone that's causing you to be "out", I guess you're "out" on those as well.

That's too bad.

Not all. Just those where convicted criminals and those with a propensity to commit criminal activities are expected to be in attendance.

HCSGM

Im glad you're not going, we don't need your kind there.
MY KIND???
aren't you the convicted criminal that draws guns in public? injures little kids and then runs away like a little girl? i've read all about you here and on other forums. you're dangerous.

Last edited:

HCSGM

If you have something to say to me, you have the opportunity, but let's not do this on the threads. After you have established yourself here for a while, maybe I'll play with you a little.
You want to PLAY WITH ME? what kinda person are you? maybe i''ll show just so you can

Last edited: