• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Big 5 sporting goods store hostage

hammer6

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...eacefully-133943045--abc-news-topstories.html

See the cops hanging outside the store ... ha !

The cops should give that girl Taylor their paychecks for the month...she did their job for them.

20 cops hanging outside, doing nothing...lalalala lala .. overtime for me :)

"He lifted up his shirt, pulled the gun out, I believe the back of his pants, and immediately pointed at me," Taylor said. "I just freaked out and then he raised the gun and let out a shot to the ceiling."

No open carry for the BG? I wonder if he had a cwl

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...eacefully-133943045--abc-news-topstories.html

See the cops hanging outside the store ... ha !

The cops should give that girl Taylor their paychecks for the month...she did their job for them.

20 cops hanging outside, doing nothing...lalalala lala .. overtime for me :)

Have yu ever worked a hostage situation? Or do you just get your tactical information from TV drama and single-shooter RPGs?

There's a big difference between a hostage situation and an active shooter situation and how quickly you want to terminate either of them.

I would be less upset (but still upset) if you bemoaned the fact that neither an employee or customer snuck into the rifle section and played sniper. Either you do realize that any customer (OCing or CCing) would probably not be in, or able to get into, a position to use their handgun against the hostagetaker, or that such a thought just totally slipped your mind. In either case you did not bring it up - points for you!

stay safe.