Thread: The ex-girlfriend of the man suspected of killing six faces felony possession charge

The ex-girlfriend of the man suspected of killing six faces felony possession charge

From foxnews
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/07...eapons-charge/

"The unregistered gun was found during a search of the South Milwaukee home"

Am I missing something? Unregistered? Does South Milwaukee have gun registration? Unless this was a short barrel rifle, shotgun, or full auto it wouldn't have needed to be "Registered"...I'm confused. Someone enlighten me.

Wisconsin (and most other states) does not register firearms.
    Last edited by protias; 08-07-2012 at 04:10 PM.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by tomm1963 View Post
    "The unregistered gun was found during a search of the South Milwaukee home"
    They've edited it. Now it says, "The gun was found during a search of the South Milwaukee home where Cook lives, sources said. The weapon, which law enforcement sources did not identify, was not involved in Sunday’s attack. A law enforcement source said Cook has a prior felony conviction, but it was unclear if that was the reason for the new charge or if there was some other reason that the gun was deemed illegal."

Banned
    I've had FBI agents ask me if my gun was registered (in state that does not register them) -- I told them to arrest me or shut up about registration. Oddly, they shut up. Yet another example of cops just trying to intimidate us. I then told the FBI agents to get away from me or arrest me. They went away.

Depending on how many times the gun (found in this woman's residence) was bought and sold, and in which jurisdictions, it could have been registered at some point.

She is probably fortunate that she is an ex-girl friend. Otherwise, she may have been pulled into this.
    Last edited by E6chevron; 08-07-2012 at 09:26 PM.
    Wis. CCL #5x Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact .40 S&W, Utah CFP

Quote Originally Posted by E6chevron
    She is probably fortunate that she is an ex-girl friend.
    Otherwise, she may have been pulled into this.

I think she has been pulled into this.
    They searched her house (what'd they use to get a warrant?) & have arrested her.
    All while saying she's not involved in the massacre.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post

I think she has been pulled into this.
    They searched her house (what'd they use to get a warrant?) & have arrested her.
    All while saying she's not involved in the massacre.
    Her "felony" was for being convicted in 2002 for fleeing and eluding a traffic officer.... As our recently banned again friend Doug used to say, all they have to do is lower the bar for a felony conviction and pretty soon spitting on the sidewalk will make you ineligible to own a gun or to vote.
    Last edited by davegran; 08-08-2012 at 10:50 AM.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    They've edited it. Now it says, "The gun was found during a search of the South Milwaukee home where Cook lives, sources said. The weapon, which law enforcement sources did not identify, was not involved in Sunday’s attack. A law enforcement source said Cook has a prior felony conviction, but it was unclear if that was the reason for the new charge or if there was some other reason that the gun was deemed illegal."
    Yes they sure did edit the story. So, "Registration" had nothing to do with it. Another example of the uninformed media spewing rubbish. Is it any wonder why J. Q. Public is clueless when it comes to firearms laws.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    (what'd they use to get a warrant?)
    Exactly.

All for not stopping quickly enough in a traffic stop. Amazing!