Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New shipmate on board.

New shipmate on board.

Hi all,
    I'm new here and I admire all of you who OC. I've only carried a couple of times myself. More worried about dumb cops giving me trouble than anybody else. I've lived in CO for several years and I'm a Navy vet. I would like to know if there is a "meet up" coming up soon in Northren CO. Looking forward to meeting all of you out there.

Good day Y'all!

I'm down in Firestone. Thinking about organizing a regular meetup as I know there are several members in this area. There's at least 1 maybe 2 up FTC way.

Cool! Thats not to far for me. I'll keep my eyes open for that date.

Welcome to the board.
    One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make it worth watching.

Welcome! Go Navy! Former ABH2 AW/SW from Sasebo's fleet. Good to see another Sailor around! Meet and Greets are happening around the state, and they're worth the drive, if your inclined. Strap it on, and walk confidently, most cops are not going to give you a hard time, and most others dont notice (Denver notwithstanding. Dumb Capital.)

Cheers Shipmate!
    Last edited by SpringsColt; 08-07-2012 at 07:22 PM.

Welcome. Glad you joined up. This is definitely a good place for information and contacts.
    Don't be disappointed if you have a hard time finding 'dumb cops giving me trouble". I do not believe there are many of them around.
    But that is not a promise.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringsColt View Post
    Welcome! Go Navy! Former ABH2 AW/SW from Sasebo's fleet. Good to see another Sailor around! Meet and Greets are happening around the state, and they're worth the drive, if your inclined. Strap it on, and walk confidently, most cops are not going to give you a hard time, and most others dont notice (Denver notwithstanding. Dumb Capital.)

Cheers Shipmate!
    Hi ! Funny, I thought CO was landlocked ...

Yes, go Navy! QM3/ USS Peleliu LHA 5. Thanks for the greetings folks. Yes CO is land locked. We sailors have to get far away from the sea in order to not hear it's call. Least we get pulled back in. Or something like that....
    Last edited by Shipwreck044; 08-08-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Former STG2 SW / USS Oldendorf DD-972 out of San Diego. Welcome aboard.

Oh I miss that SD bay at night.

Welcome to the forum and to open carry! Don't worry too much about the cops, most of them won't bother you about it. I've had a few cops see me OCing and they didn't say anything to me. Just know the laws and have the CRS statues to back yourself up. Mainly Article 2, Sections 3 and 13 and Preemption (forgot the CRS number for that). I come up north quite a few times a month, we visit my fiancee's parents up in Hudson pretty much every weekend and go to Loveland and FTC to go shopping. When we go to FTC, we tend to stop at Jax Sporting Goods, they are OC friendly. Gotta love that place! We have M&G's every now and then, hopefully someone will set one up north soon, or you can set one up yourself. We just had a nice one last weekend in Franktown, quite a bit of OCers showed up. We had a few too that OC but are not on this forum. Again, welcome!

Blessings,

Keens

Welcome!

Shame you are not the real shipwreck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	72404_1599750107901_1060494315_1681076_3186096_n.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	9066
    How about now???

Quote Originally Posted by Keens View Post
    Welcome to the forum and to open carry! Don't worry too much about the cops, most of them won't bother you about it. I've had a few cops see me OCing and they didn't say anything to me. Just know the laws and have the CRS statues to back yourself up. Mainly Article 2, Sections 3 and 13 and Preemption (forgot the CRS number for that). I come up north quite a few times a month, we visit my fiancee's parents up in Hudson pretty much every weekend and go to Loveland and FTC to go shopping. When we go to FTC, we tend to stop at Jax Sporting Goods, they are OC friendly. Gotta love that place! We have M&G's every now and then, hopefully someone will set one up north soon, or you can set one up yourself. We just had a nice one last weekend in Franktown, quite a bit of OCers showed up. We had a few too that OC but are not on this forum. Again, welcome!

Blessings,

Keens
    Thank you. Yes I've been reading about the preemtion and what it means to the municapalities of CO.(ready and loaded in head) Except Denver. It's good to know about JAX, I love that place.

Banned
    Hi shipwreck,

hope you learned not to clean the window screens on the sub when submersed.

I didn't realize there were so many squids on this board. Any Golden Shellbacks?
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    http://www.ColoradoGunOwners.com

A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Colorado Firearm law.
    http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/colorado/
    Lexis Nexis: Colorado law pertaining to firearms.
    Title 18, Article 12

I R one. I marked it on the chart as our ship past, then the Jolly Roger went up.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    I didn't realize there were so many squids on this board. Any Golden Shellbacks?
    Here.. Guess if you can consider that I was in under Bill... The "new" Navy... I'm sure some would take exception to our crossing ceremony.

What to wear???

The crossing ceremony was slightly different than the way the older guys discribed it.
    I was wondering what some of you guys wear when you OC? Do you catch less flak when you wear a three button polo as opposed to a band t-shirt? Slacks instead of jeans? Or does it seem to not matter?

Jeans and a shirt. Funny shirt, normal shirt, work cloths. Anything I feel like. But I never dress like a pretend wanna be thug. I have a beard for that.

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for your service! My father, his father, and his father, were all in the Navy, and if all goes according to plan I will be enlisting in a year!
    Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.

"I knew one thing: as soon as anyone said you didn't need a gun, you'd better take one along that worked."
    Raymond Chandler

Quote Originally Posted by Shipwreck044 View Post
    The crossing ceremony was slightly different than the way the older guys discribed it.
    I was wondering what some of you guys wear when you OC? Do you catch less flak when you wear a three button polo as opposed to a band t-shirt? Slacks instead of jeans? Or does it seem to not matter?
    I'm a jeans or shorts and a T-shirt guy unless I'm at work. Of course I can't OC at work (company policy). But when I go to the store or whatever, I'm usually in shorts in the summer. I don't have any crazy wild t-shirt unless you count the mountain dew one.

In essence, not a chance anyone would mistake me for LEO. Unless they were just stupid.

Being summer, I am almost always in shorts/jeans and a T-shirt. Hardly ever wear anything other than that. Though I do have my CCP, when I OC with a longer shirt on or a jacket/hoodie, I make sure my Glock is not covered. Though I only OC about half as much as I used to, I've never gotten more attention (or any attention) from what I wear. Or weirder looks.
    Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.

"I knew one thing: as soon as anyone said you didn't need a gun, you'd better take one along that worked."
    Raymond Chandler

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	72404_1599750107901_1060494315_1681076_3186096_n.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	9066
    How about now???
    You need to grow a beard!

lol Yeah... I shaved that off. I got tired of my face itching.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast