• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New shipmate on board.

Shipwreck044

Hi all,
I'm new here and I admire all of you who OC. I've only carried a couple of times myself. More worried about dumb cops giving me trouble than anybody else. I've lived in CO for several years and I'm a Navy vet. I would like to know if there is a "meet up" coming up soon in Northren CO. Looking forward to meeting all of you out there.

Good day Y'all!

mahkagari

I'm down in Firestone. Thinking about organizing a regular meetup as I know there are several members in this area. There's at least 1 maybe 2 up FTC way.

SpringsColt

Welcome! Go Navy! Former ABH2 AW/SW from Sasebo's fleet. Good to see another Sailor around! Meet and Greets are happening around the state, and they're worth the drive, if your inclined. Strap it on, and walk confidently, most cops are not going to give you a hard time, and most others dont notice (Denver notwithstanding. Dumb Capital.)

Cheers Shipmate!

Last edited:

wmodavis

Welcome. Glad you joined up. This is definitely a good place for information and contacts.
Don't be disappointed if you have a hard time finding 'dumb cops giving me trouble". I do not believe there are many of them around.
But that is not a promise.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Welcome! Go Navy! Former ABH2 AW/SW from Sasebo's fleet. Good to see another Sailor around! Meet and Greets are happening around the state, and they're worth the drive, if your inclined. Strap it on, and walk confidently, most cops are not going to give you a hard time, and most others dont notice (Denver notwithstanding. Dumb Capital.)

Cheers Shipmate!

Hi ! Funny, I thought CO was landlocked ... :D

Shipwreck044

Yes, go Navy! QM3/ USS Peleliu LHA 5. Thanks for the greetings folks. Yes CO is land locked. We sailors have to get far away from the sea in order to not hear it's call. Least we get pulled back in. Or something like that....:p

Last edited:

Keens

Welcome to the forum and to open carry! Don't worry too much about the cops, most of them won't bother you about it. I've had a few cops see me OCing and they didn't say anything to me. Just know the laws and have the CRS statues to back yourself up. Mainly Article 2, Sections 3 and 13 and Preemption (forgot the CRS number for that). I come up north quite a few times a month, we visit my fiancee's parents up in Hudson pretty much every weekend and go to Loveland and FTC to go shopping. When we go to FTC, we tend to stop at Jax Sporting Goods, they are OC friendly. Gotta love that place! We have M&G's every now and then, hopefully someone will set one up north soon, or you can set one up yourself. We just had a nice one last weekend in Franktown, quite a bit of OCers showed up. We had a few too that OC but are not on this forum. Again, welcome! :banana:

Blessings,

Keens

Wolfstanus

Welcome!

Shame you are not the real shipwreck.

headline7923.jpg

Shipwreck044

Welcome to the forum and to open carry! Don't worry too much about the cops, most of them won't bother you about it. I've had a few cops see me OCing and they didn't say anything to me. Just know the laws and have the CRS statues to back yourself up. Mainly Article 2, Sections 3 and 13 and Preemption (forgot the CRS number for that). I come up north quite a few times a month, we visit my fiancee's parents up in Hudson pretty much every weekend and go to Loveland and FTC to go shopping. When we go to FTC, we tend to stop at Jax Sporting Goods, they are OC friendly. Gotta love that place! We have M&G's every now and then, hopefully someone will set one up north soon, or you can set one up yourself. We just had a nice one last weekend in Franktown, quite a bit of OCers showed up. We had a few too that OC but are not on this forum. Again, welcome! :banana:

Blessings,

Keens

Thank you. Yes I've been reading about the preemtion and what it means to the municapalities of CO.(ready and loaded in head) Except Denver. It's good to know about JAX, I love that place.

Shipwreck044

What to wear???

The crossing ceremony was slightly different than the way the older guys discribed it.
I was wondering what some of you guys wear when you OC? Do you catch less flak when you wear a three button polo as opposed to a band t-shirt? Slacks instead of jeans? Or does it seem to not matter?

Wolfstanus

Jeans and a shirt. Funny shirt, normal shirt, work cloths. Anything I feel like. But I never dress like a pretend wanna be thug. I have a beard for that.