• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New shipmate on board.

MainelyGlock

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for your service! My father, his father, and his father, were all in the Navy, and if all goes according to plan I will be enlisting in a year!

mobiushky

The crossing ceremony was slightly different than the way the older guys discribed it.
I was wondering what some of you guys wear when you OC? Do you catch less flak when you wear a three button polo as opposed to a band t-shirt? Slacks instead of jeans? Or does it seem to not matter?

I'm a jeans or shorts and a T-shirt guy unless I'm at work. Of course I can't OC at work (company policy). But when I go to the store or whatever, I'm usually in shorts in the summer. I don't have any crazy wild t-shirt unless you count the mountain dew one.

In essence, not a chance anyone would mistake me for LEO. Unless they were just stupid.

MainelyGlock

The crossing ceremony was slightly different than the way the older guys discribed it.
I was wondering what some of you guys wear when you OC? Do you catch less flak when you wear a three button polo as opposed to a band t-shirt? Slacks instead of jeans? Or does it seem to not matter?

Being summer, I am almost always in shorts/jeans and a T-shirt. Hardly ever wear anything other than that. Though I do have my CCP, when I OC with a longer shirt on or a jacket/hoodie, I make sure my Glock is not covered. Though I only OC about half as much as I used to, I've never gotten more attention (or any attention) from what I wear. Or weirder looks.

Shipwreck044

Most of my clothes came from the military surplus section. German parka, black army style hat with the pocket inside, Navy shirt, and jeans. Black or blue. I dont wear the cargos or BDUs unless camping or playing airsoft.