Thread: Wenatchee Open Carry Story

Thumbs up Wenatchee Open Carry Story

Hi,
    Its a short story as I have been open carring in Wenatchee for years and never had any problem anywhere. I should also say that I do cover up in Cosco.
    Never had a problem but I am awere of there policy. They will ask you to leave and comeback with your firearm not showing.
    Wenatchee is a great city. I might also say Chelan County is known for not hassling OC.

Glad your not having any issues OC... However, wheres the story?
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGunMan View Post
    Hi,
    Its a short story as I have been open carring in Wenatchee for years and never had any problem anywhere. I should also say that I do cover up in Cosco.
    Never had a problem but I am awere of there policy. They will ask you to leave and comeback with your firearm not showing.
    Wenatchee is a great city. I might also say Chelan County is known for not hassling OC.
    I will attest to Chelan Co. being carry friendly....even 25 years ago.

Cool, can't wait to get moved over there:-)

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    A few years ago, I OC'd in Wenatchee for a few weeks while doing work there.

Chelan county Sheriff was in front of me in Starbucks getting coffee, he turned to me and asked is that the G-19? I carry the G-17. Then the conversation drifted to the very cold march they were having. No worries no problems.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

OCDO Washington has had a campout in Wenatchee the last 2 years. We have had zero issues at the campground. And when out and around town, we have also had no issues. 2 years ago Deros and I were getting coffee at the local Starbucks with 2 LEO having coffee and nothing was said. We have had lunch in town and have shopped at grocery stores as well.
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    OCDO Washington has had a campout in Wenatchee the last 2 years. We have had zero issues at the campground. And when out and around town, we have also had no issues. 2 years ago Deros and I were getting coffee at the local Starbucks with 2 LEO having coffee and nothing was said. We have had lunch in town and have shopped at grocery stores as well.

Was it the Starbucks at the end of the shopping strip off the main strip?

That is where I think I deterred a possible crime, by OC'ing.

Since that Starbucks was on the way to Lowe's were the homeowner was buying most her stuff.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Was it the Starbucks at the end of the shopping strip off the main strip?

That is where I think I deterred a possible crime, by OC'ing.

Since that Starbucks was on the way to Lowe's were the homeowner was buying most her stuff.
    Perhaps, it is at the North End of the strip nearest Confluence State Park.
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Perhaps, it is at the North End of the strip nearest Confluence State Park.
    Yea I think thats the one, the other one I went to is technically in East Wenatchee.

Had an apparent gang banger come in with M-13 tattood on his face, wearing a hoody and his hand in his pouch holding something "L" shaped. He saw me in line eyes got big and he didn't even finish coming in turned right back around and disappeared.