• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wenatchee Open Carry Story

TheGunMan

Hi,
Its a short story as I have been open carring in Wenatchee for years and never had any problem anywhere. I should also say that I do cover up in Cosco.
Never had a problem but I am awere of there policy. They will ask you to leave and comeback with your firearm not showing.
Wenatchee is a great city. I might also say Chelan County is known for not hassling OC.

hermannr

Hi,
Its a short story as I have been open carring in Wenatchee for years and never had any problem anywhere. I should also say that I do cover up in Cosco.
Never had a problem but I am awere of there policy. They will ask you to leave and comeback with your firearm not showing.
Wenatchee is a great city. I might also say Chelan County is known for not hassling OC.

I will attest to Chelan Co. being carry friendly....even 25 years ago.

sudden valley gunner

A few years ago, I OC'd in Wenatchee for a few weeks while doing work there.

Chelan county Sheriff was in front of me in Starbucks getting coffee, he turned to me and asked is that the G-19? I carry the G-17. Then the conversation drifted to the very cold march they were having. No worries no problems.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
OCDO Washington has had a campout in Wenatchee the last 2 years. We have had zero issues at the campground. And when out and around town, we have also had no issues. 2 years ago Deros and I were getting coffee at the local Starbucks with 2 LEO having coffee and nothing was said. We have had lunch in town and have shopped at grocery stores as well.

sudden valley gunner

OCDO Washington has had a campout in Wenatchee the last 2 years. We have had zero issues at the campground. And when out and around town, we have also had no issues. 2 years ago Deros and I were getting coffee at the local Starbucks with 2 LEO having coffee and nothing was said. We have had lunch in town and have shopped at grocery stores as well.

Was it the Starbucks at the end of the shopping strip off the main strip?

That is where I think I deterred a possible crime, by OC'ing.

Since that Starbucks was on the way to Lowe's were the homeowner was buying most her stuff.

sudden valley gunner

Perhaps, it is at the North End of the strip nearest Confluence State Park.

Yea I think thats the one, the other one I went to is technically in East Wenatchee.

Had an apparent gang banger come in with M-13 tattood on his face, wearing a hoody and his hand in his pouch holding something "L" shaped. He saw me in line eyes got big and he didn't even finish coming in turned right back around and disappeared.