• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Here is a good one for all of you. What does it mean when they say AUTHORITY!

MRMIKE40CAL

This not a trick ? but, its a very serious one that needs to be adressed ASAP. Lets see who understands it. Please give me your input. :idea:

Raggs

When I hear 'Authority" I think expert in a given context. For example I know a Professor who I would consider an authority in networking.

griffin

sp203_chickenlover.jpg

davidmcbeth

Banned
"authority" is one that has the power, granted by the legislature, to perform the tasks and actions associated with the law the legislature passed.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
^^^ WTF is with the auto censoring lower case?!? Acronyms need to be all caps.

If you had mixed the initialism into an actual sentence, it would have left it as all-caps. But since your entire post consisted of all-caps, the forum software puts it into title case automatically. This is a merciful provision for those new or stubborn people that don't realize how much slower it is to read something that is in all-caps.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Authority is always relative, until you get to God. Up to that point, someone is putting something into that position of temporary (to some degree) authority. These authorities often do not recognize their powers as delegated, nor their responsibility to their constituents, nor their temporary nature, unfortunately.

MRMIKE40CAL

This not a trick ? but, its a very serious one that needs to be adressed ASAP. Lets see who understands it. Please give me your input. :idea:

What this means is we better start a Rally about our Govement braking laws. You Can not use any form of Goverment(city, township) to make another form of Goverment calling it an Authority. This is happening all over Michigan. We need to all stick together and expose this to the media. This is illegal and unconstitutional!

LETS TAKE ACTION!

detroit_fan

What this means is we better start a Rally about our Govement braking laws. You Can not use any form of Goverment(city, township) to make another form of Goverment calling it an Authority. This is happening all over Michigan. We need to all stick together and expose this to the media. This is illegal and unconstitutional!

LETS TAKE ACTION!

I don't understand why you did not just post this in your original post. What's up with the guessing games?

Golden Eagle

LETS TAKE ACTION!

Agreed. I'd say even with most of us joking note no one denied it's a form of government.

I've asked several friends without being on the subject of guns "is the Kalamazoo South County Fire Authority a local unit of government? They all said Yes. We need to get a definition in the law that an Authority IS a part of local government.