• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry lunch in St. Charles, MO 11 August 2012

Porchdog

Who's in for an open carry lunch Saturday the 11th? JJ's in St. Charles has good food and is very OC friendly. We have had several breakfasts there on Sundays. Thinking maybe a Saturday about noon, more people could make it. http://www.jjsstcharles.com/ is the link to their website (with menu, map, and directions) We have had between 4 and 10 show up for breakfast. Let's set a new record for this lunch! New to OC, you are especially invited. If you haven't been to St. Charles, the LEO here are aware the city and unincorporated county are not restricted. I have never had a problem nor a confrontation while OC'ing in St. Charles. Hope to see some friends, old and new! This will also be posted on Facebook.

freak4cycles

Finally an event Ive been waiting for...

Who's in for an open carry lunch Saturday the 11th? JJ's in St. Charles has good food and is very OC friendly. We have had several breakfasts there on Sundays. Thinking maybe a Saturday about noon, more people could make it. http://www.jjsstcharles.com/ is the link to their website (with menu, map, and directions) We have had between 4 and 10 show up for breakfast. Let's set a new record for this lunch! New to OC, you are especially invited. If you haven't been to St. Charles, the LEO here are aware the city and unincorporated county are not restricted. I have never had a problem nor a confrontation while OC'ing in St. Charles. Hope to see some friends, old and new! This will also be posted on Facebook.

Hello and Thank you for trying to set up a meet and greet. I would LOVE to come to this event. I am NEW to OC but do hold CCW and practice that right everyday. I would love to meet others and chat about our freedoms. I hope to meet and see XDCOMPACT as he lives close.

mspgunner

I'm in!

freak4cycles

Found another

Hello and Thank you for trying to set up a meet and greet. I would LOVE to come to this event. I am NEW to OC but do hold CCW and practice that right everyday. I would love to meet others and chat about our freedoms. I hope to meet and see XDCOMPACT as he lives close.

I got a friend that wants to come as well, So depending on his schedule sat he may attend as well.

thanks

xdmcompact

Sorry freak4cycles, I have to work this saturday. This will be one of very few that I will have to miss. May catch you at the next get together. Looking to have one down my way, closer to the city.

Last edited:

freak4cycles

Sorry to hear that

Sorry freak4cycles, I have to work this saturday. This will be one of very few that I will have to miss. May catch you at the next get together. Looking to have one down my way, closer to the city.

XD sorry to hear you cant make it. It would have been nice to finally meet one of the most active memebers here LOL.

Anyway I am bringing three people to JJs Tomorrow, including myself. So If anyone else would like to join please do so.

We will see you then..

freak4cycles

Open Carry lunch in St. Charles, MO 11 August 2012 HOW IT WENT LOL

So I must admit for my FIRST OC event it went really smooth. I will do at again soon. I am not sure I am up to doing it all by myself yet, I just don’t have the muster to argue my point with the police yet. But feel more than comfortable to be part of a group doing OC. I am sure there are many out there like me? Let us hear from you. You may have reservations about attending one of these events but you never know unless you go? St. Charles is very OC friendly.

http://www.jjsstcharles.com was very friendly. Not as much as one employee even acted funny about us being there and OC. They must be used to it since I hear it’s a regular spot for OC get together. We did have a few looks from the general public, but no cops were called I think? If so they must have told them it’s legal and not responded. We did have a gentlemen stop on way out to ask about OC. Is it legal? What web site do I go to research it? Etc. He was eating near by and was listening to our conversation. We only had 4 people show up for Lunch. At first I was sad about this low showing. Then I got to conversation with David and Marc and found they had wisdom beyond my years. I was happy to speak with them for the four hours we spent chatting about everything under the sun. They were a great group of guys and I look forward to the next OC meet in St Charles or surrounding area.

SO FOR THE NEXT ONE!!!
Let's set a new record for this lunch! New to OC, you are especially invited. If you are on the fence about coming, just do it! Hide your firearm if you are uncomfortable, if you have a CCW that is. Just show up and grown the group so that others will follow. You may be pleasantly surprised as I was. You may make new friends with similar interest? Hope to see you all next time...

mspgunner

Two places to OC without concern, if you want to solo for the first time are JJ's and Bass pro in St. Charles.

If the "walmart" greeter at Bass Pro gives you any lip what so ever, and they shouldn't, ask for the manager.
The Bass Pro policy is on their web site. It is different if you are bringing the firearm in for service.
He should just smile and greet you like anyone else.
Still nervous? Believe me I understand. Send a Private message to soem of the folks in the St. Charles area, there wil be many who would go with you.

Just one more I thought of... One place you can go without concern is the St. Charles NRA office. You'll also get to meet Norien, she'll make you feel welcome as an OCer!

So I must admit for my FIRST OC event it went really smooth. I will do at again soon. I am not sure I am up to doing it all by myself yet, I just don’t have the muster to argue my point with the police yet. But feel more than comfortable to be part of a group doing OC. I am sure there are many out there like me? Let us hear from you. You may have reservations about attending one of these events but you never know unless you go? St. Charles is very OC friendly.

http://www.jjsstcharles.com was very friendly. Not as much as one employee even acted funny about us being there and OC. They must be used to it since I hear it’s a regular spot for OC get together. We did have a few looks from the general public, but no cops were called I think? If so they must have told them it’s legal and not responded. We did have a gentlemen stop on way out to ask about OC. Is it legal? What web site do I go to research it? Etc. He was eating near by and was listening to our conversation. We only had 4 people show up for Lunch. At first I was sad about this low showing. Then I got to conversation with David and Marc and found they had wisdom beyond my years. I was happy to speak with them for the four hours we spent chatting about everything under the sun. They were a great group of guys and I look forward to the next OC meet in St Charles or surrounding area.

SO FOR THE NEXT ONE!!!
Let's set a new record for this lunch! New to OC, you are especially invited. If you are on the fence about coming, just do it! Hide your firearm if you are uncomfortable, if you have a CCW that is. Just show up and grown the group so that others will follow. You may be pleasantly surprised as I was. You may make new friends with similar interest? Hope to see you all next time...

Last edited: