Thread: Man arrested at batman for having gun, knives on person.

Man arrested at batman for having gun, knives on person.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/loc...d-carry-permit

Ok, so I've been to Crocker park theater, and I know that whole "area" is a gun free zone. But what probable cause did the cop have to search his bag? And how were they able to search his house???

If he is charged with illegal possession the cops usually want to go looking to see if there are any more illegally possessed items. But AFAIK it takes a warrant to travel from the place of arrest to the home - unless of course they guy waived his rights and gave them consent and permission to search his house. It's happened before.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

He's toast.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    He's toast.
    That depends. If the initial search was illegal it doesn't matter what he had (assuming the court does the proper thing and excludes the evidence). If they searched without consent or probably cause (remember, RAS is only good for a "pat down"). The "news" sure did their best to do a hatchet job on him. What the hell does 15 traffic citations and a 2 year old dismissed bankruptcy (i.e. he didn't go bankrupt) have to do with weapons?

How about telling us WHY the police initiated contact and whether he was illegally searched.
    Last edited by We-the-People; 08-09-2012 at 03:09 AM.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

With the FBI and BATF on the case he IS toast. The goal is to toss this guy in the Big House for a long long time. He is being portrayed as a drug addled psycho who was intent upon inflicting death and mayhem.

Google "Scott A. Smith" and read the various news reports and what the cops/feds are saying about Mr. Scott A. Smith.....not good for him. They are attempting to convict him eve before he was arraigned.

Here is one example:

http://www.cleveland.com/westlake/in...irm_scott.html
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare