Thread: On the way home from the Franktown BBQ.

On the way home from the Franktown BBQ.

You might remember me as the guy with the SKS rifle strapped to his bike (And hopefully not the ******* that had his gun fall out of his holster, and then muzzle swept Mel while inspecting for damage. Sorry, Mel, I still feel bad about that.)

Well, I had a wonderful ride home. A nice fellow named Billy advised me of an alternate route. The weather was perfect, the scenery was breathtaking, and almost no traffic to boot.

Well, I was almost home, and I stopped at the Air Force Academy overlook on I-25. Another bike pulled up ahead of me, and I saw that the fellow was OCing a Glock. Naturally, I went over to chat with him. His body language was a bit cautious, and then when he turned toward me I saw that he had a Teller County Sheriff badge on his belt. I said oh, you're a police officer. He looked at the rifle on my bike, and then at my OC 1911, and said. Yeah I always carry, there's a lot of bad stuff out there. I would OC even if I wasn't a cop.

End of boring story.

TCSO is very carry friendly...I've had the pleasure of meeting Sheriff Ensminger a couple times and he's VERY pro-2A. I also read somewhere that a previous sheriff of the county personally believed that gun ownership was something like 75% of the population, because of some survey which reported approximately 50% gun ownership.
    One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make it worth watching.

Interested in your alternate route. Where did it take you?
    It is always nice to meet other OCers, at the BBQ and out in the open as well just as you did. We should always thank them and show ourselves as a friendly bunch of citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by wmodavis View Post
    Interested in your alternate route. Where did it take you?
    It is always nice to meet other OCers, at the BBQ and out in the open as well just as you did. We should always thank them and show ourselves as a friendly bunch of citizens.
    I took Canyonwood road out of Franktown though the back side of Canyonwood State park. It goes right past the dam that broke in 1931 and flooded Denver.

Castlewood Canyon State Park. Yhea, it's beautiful back there, you should try hiking the park sometime, it's got some nice, pretty hikes.

O2

Ps. If you're of the nerdy persuasion, at the South end of Castlewood Canyon road you're only a mile or two from the DirecTV uplink site. Lots of antennas!
    Last edited by O2HeN2; 08-08-2012 at 07:08 PM.
    When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
    They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
    Zero failures comes at infinite cost.