• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

On the way home from the Franktown BBQ.

Hamans-gallows

You might remember me as the guy with the SKS rifle strapped to his bike (And hopefully not the jackass that had his gun fall out of his holster, and then muzzle swept Mel while inspecting for damage. Sorry, Mel, I still feel bad about that.)

Well, I had a wonderful ride home. A nice fellow named Billy advised me of an alternate route. The weather was perfect, the scenery was breathtaking, and almost no traffic to boot.

Well, I was almost home, and I stopped at the Air Force Academy overlook on I-25. Another bike pulled up ahead of me, and I saw that the fellow was OCing a Glock. Naturally, I went over to chat with him. His body language was a bit cautious, and then when he turned toward me I saw that he had a Teller County Sheriff badge on his belt. I said oh, you're a police officer. He looked at the rifle on my bike, and then at my OC 1911, and said. Yeah I always carry, there's a lot of bad stuff out there. I would OC even if I wasn't a cop.

End of boring story.

PikesPeakMtnMan

TCSO is very carry friendly...I've had the pleasure of meeting Sheriff Ensminger a couple times and he's VERY pro-2A. I also read somewhere that a previous sheriff of the county personally believed that gun ownership was something like 75% of the population, because of some survey which reported approximately 50% gun ownership.

wmodavis

Interested in your alternate route. Where did it take you?
It is always nice to meet other OCers, at the BBQ and out in the open as well just as you did. We should always thank them and show ourselves as a friendly bunch of citizens.

Hamans-gallows

Interested in your alternate route. Where did it take you?
It is always nice to meet other OCers, at the BBQ and out in the open as well just as you did. We should always thank them and show ourselves as a friendly bunch of citizens.

I took Canyonwood road out of Franktown though the back side of Canyonwood State park. It goes right past the dam that broke in 1931 and flooded Denver.