• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man arrested for OC in Colorado Springs park.

DocWalker

This all boils down to "CONTEMT OF COP", how dare he ask for his card so he can complain later.

This should turn into a lawsuit against the city, PD, and officers involved. I sure hope it does.

DocWalker

at the minimum, he should have an apology

I disagree, the city, PD, and officers need to be held accountable by a large monitary settlement. An appology does nothing and they will do it again. A cash settlement will do two things, make the voters aware they don't get the new upgrades to city projects because of the out of control PD. The voters might even do something like demand the Chief resign so effective changes can be made. It will also prevent it from being swept under the rug; an appology will be forgot in a week, the voters having to pay for the cops not knowing the law and acting like gastapo won't be forgotten so easily.

Fallschirjmäger

at the minimum, he should have an apology
Regretfully, words are cheap. Imagine that if all bank robbers only had to give the money back and then say "I'm sorry I robbed you" if they were caught by the police. Would that stop any robber intent on bank robbery from trying it again the next day?

The only thing that stops a repeat performance is to make it not worth the punishment should one get caught.

mahkagari

I love that the ACLU booth was right there. It would have been so poetic if one of their lawyers were working it. Though he was wrong about "not going to the pub because that's illegal".

Did it bug anyone else that the CSPD told the guy's bf/partner "this doesn't concern you"? How does that work for straight couples? E.g. let's say a straight couple is on a first date. When does one become a "concerned party" if something goes down?

Gunslinger

False arrest and battery, pure and simple. Ka-ching. The COSPD should know better, but you find dumb **** cops everywhere, unfortunately. Unbelievable that the black pos cop threatened to "kick the **** out of him." And these ******** are sergeants? YGTBSM! Never thought this would happen in COS.

Last edited:

LoneEchoWolf

So is this springs new policy? should we not be on the phones right now calling and talking with the department before one of us is "about to get jacked up" by a springs LEO? this is very dis heartening, and wrong. i am in springs alot and have no problems. is this how its going to start? if you notice all of them are Sgt. or higher, they don't know what there doing and I'm going to be getting on the phone immediately, and i advocate that you all do the same and start asking questions, if no one says anything it goes away. this has to do with every single on of our safety's that travel through or are in the springs for any reason what so ever. the way the last officer threatened and acted scares me of how they could and would act if there were not so many people around.

LoneEchoWolf

Just got off the phone with Colorado springs pd, its a little worrying i suppose. i talked to a very nice operator there, going to leave her name out, but the question i posed was "what are your statutes and polices on open carrying of a firearm in a city park" and she first told me that As long as its clearly visible it should be fine, but then went on to say that Springs had a statute that prohibited carry in any park thats when i interrupted her and added if there posted, she quickly corrected me and said that any city could prohibit firearms in there parks without posting but she would have to check, just before she put me on hold i mentioned that Colorado Preemption made it so that the parks had to have signs on all entrances and exits. she said she would verify one second.

Once she came back she apologized and said that I'm correct. So i went on to mention that my safety is now at risk after seeing how the Springs PD acted on video unlawfully arresting and seizing the mans weapon, right away the "Blue shield" went up, "well its a case by case basis" "maybe he was a felon or..." just making up reasons why they could or would act and threaten in such a manner. she was very respectful but i could tell she knew what i was talking about and was trying to do "damage control" i really think some of you Springs OC'er should give em a call and ask whatever you feel but i think we need to put a bit of pressure on them before one of us LAC end up on the end of a overzealous SGT of Springs PD field weapon. Uneasy to say the least, maybe "baby Denver" is in the making and needs to be stopped ASAP. stay safe guys and gals!

Colorado Springs Police 719-444-7000. If you wait for the recording it sends you to a operator

Also have sent emails to the Mayor and Chief of Police offices. email addresses here if you need them; Mayor; SBach@SpringsGov.com, Chief Of police; chiefoff@ci.colospgs.co.us

Last edited:

Shipwreck044

I disagree, the city, PD, and officers need to be held accountable by a large monitary settlement. An appology does nothing and they will do it again. A cash settlement will do two things, make the voters aware they don't get the new upgrades to city projects because of the out of control PD. The voters might even do something like demand the Chief resign so effective changes can be made. It will also prevent it from being swept under the rug; an appology will be forgot in a week, the voters having to pay for the cops not knowing the law and acting like gastapo won't be forgotten so easily.

Ditto!

RockyMtnScotsman

CSPD is pretty ignorant of Colorado (gun) law. During a routine traffic stop, CSPD told my wife it was illegal for her to have her revolver in her glovebox w/o a CCW permit. *BZZZT* Wrong. Bad cop, no doughnut for you!

Last edited:

DocWalker

CSPD is pretty ignorant of Colorado (gun) law. During a routine traffic stop, CSPD told my wife it was illegal for her to have her revolver in her glovebox w/o a CCW permit. *BZZZT* Wrong. Bad cop, no doughnut for you!

If she would have asked for what law if falls under she would have been tazed for contempt of cop.

LoneEchoWolf

False arrest and battery, pure and simple. Ka-ching. The COSPD should know better, but you find dumb **** cops everywhere, unfortunately. Unbelievable that the black pos cop threatened to "kick the **** out of him." And these ******** are sergeants? YGTBSM! Never thought this would happen in COS.

Exactly, cannot believe standard policy is to allow your fellow Sgt to harass, threaten, and violate whoever for whatever, even if you haven't been on the scene and just show up to transport. but thats a group of LEO for ya, like a pack of wolves, no they even give wolves a bad name, its just sad. i really hope this guy is a member of the forums, and more so hope that he goes through with holding everyone involved accountable. your telling me that none of them knew the REAL law? or could have used the service phones they were already on to ask someone that did know? I am in Springs far to much, this just gets to me. they should all be ashamed.Did anyone else notice that they stood there doing nothing (they as in the Leo) for quite a while, givin they prob called for transport last couple min and were just waiting but seems to me none of them knew what to do or what was going on.

Last edited:

Bellum_Intus

Ok everyone.. mark your freaking calendars, I'm about to blow you all away..

I am actually GLAD he filmed this... (yep, I said it) .. AND I think he's 100% in the right..

wow... yeah.. I went there.. :p

--Rob

LoneEchoWolf

I am actually GLAD he filmed this... (yep, I said it) .. AND I think he's 100% in the right..

--Rob

Ha i was just thinking about you and this rob, and i sorta knew you would! its just wrong. i think ive even been to said park he was at. More i dwell the madder i get!

mahkagari

--Rob

Went where? GLAAD he filmed it? Is this about balloons? I think I am missing an inside gag from the Franktown BBQ or something.

Bellum_Intus

Ha i was just thinking about you and this rob, and i sorta knew you would! its just wrong. i think ive even been to said park he was at. More i dwell the madder i get!

I've posted comments on the news site, citing Colorado preemption ..
I've also posted on the video..

This is uncharted territory for me lol..

I also plan to bring up preemption at our next Ranger meeting.

--Rob