Thread: ANOTHER Man Arrested for Carrying at Dark Knight

ANOTHER Man Arrested for Carrying at Dark Knight

http://www.norwichbulletin.com/newsn...#axzz22yKOBo3P

Apparently 12 sheep decided to cave to martial law:

About a dozen people were inside waiting for the movie to begin, police said. Officers asked each of them to raise their hands and file out, where they were patted down, according to a news release.
    I'd like to know how anyone knew he had a concealed gun to begin with.

Link to Post in CT Sub-Forum
    Last edited by NoTolerance; 08-09-2012 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Added Link OC for ME mentions below

Already over on the CT forum.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Already over on the CT forum.
    Important story for those of us that do not regularly visit the 60 other local subsections.

Your not going to search me at all. Touch me and I will use a greater level of force to resist, and I will do it legally.....

Quote Originally Posted by MR Redenck View Post
    Your not going to search me at all. Touch me and I will use a greater level of force to resist, and I will do it legally.....
    That depends on the jurisdiction and state law. Some states do not allow you to resist an unlawful act by a law enforcement officer. Sad but true.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

"Law Enforcement Officer" is only a title. It is not a job description.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

While you might not be able to legally resist, you can certainly protest. Given the lack of reaction from the people that were searched, apparently they were just fine with being violated.

Me? I'd be screaming as loudly as I could to anyone that would listen about how out of line and unconstitutional a search like that is and might even seek legal counsel.

For the record, he wasn't attempting to watch The Dark Night, but The Watch. That's certainly not clear from the article or title.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2