Thread: Forum not displaying properly w/Firefox

Forum not displaying properly w/Firefox

OCDO isn't displaying right for me with my work's Firefox browswer. It's like all the formatting is stripped out, and looks "cellphone-like." Works fine on the same machine with IE and also works fine on my home FF browser. All other vBulletin forums have no issues at all. Everything HAD been working fine, then one day it just happened. Clearing the cache and so forth hasn't helped at all. An un-install and re-install hasn't helped either.

I'm not exactly a computer wiz so if anyone can help me keep that in mind when you're explaining stuff to me.
    One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make it worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by PikesPeakMtnMan View Post
    OCDO isn't displaying right for me with my work's Firefox browswer. It's like all the formatting is stripped out, and looks "cellphone-like." Works fine on the same machine with IE and also works fine on my home FF browser. All other vBulletin forums have no issues at all. Everything HAD been working fine, then one day it just happened. Clearing the cache and so forth hasn't helped at all. An un-install and re-install hasn't helped either.

I'm not exactly a computer wiz so if anyone can help me keep that in mind when you're explaining stuff to me.
    Working OK on mine, maybe your boss changed firewall settings.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Working OK on mine, maybe your boss changed firewall settings.
    Nope, I have sole control over this computer...despite my lack of knowledge on computers I'm still the "computer guy" at my company (of 5 employees)

Nope, I have sole control over this computer...despite my lack of knowledge on computers I'm still the "computer guy" at my company (of 5 employees)
    Cisco routers have their own firewall settings, I am sure other commercial routers do also. I had to change mine to get my android tablets online. It could be something else but you should check with your boss.

My boss barely knows how to turn the computer on...I'm POSITIVE that he didn't change anything. I'm also positive that nothing was changed when OCDO stopped looking right, just one day it happened. Google reveals that similar situations have happened to other people....but short of it miracleously fixing itself I haven't found a remedy.

Apparently it was the AdBlock Plus add-on causing the issue. I disabled it and everything seems to be working fine.

Apparently it was the AdBlock Plus add-on causing the issue. I disabled it and everything seems to be working fine.
    Sounds like it was overactive. Simple change of settings should work.

Moral of the story...don't use FF.

I prefer Chrome over FF. JMHO
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain