• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wish our politicians could see this and....(The Kicker) Understand It!

09jisaac

Just because politicians don't agree with your point of view does not mean they do not understand what you are getting at.

Gil223

Understanding is not the same thing as accepting. I'm certain they understand that criminals will still get all the guns they want. But... if the politicians were to accept the proven fact that the LAC would be helpless, and that crime would increase overnight, that would be tantamount to admitting they (the politician) were wrong in his/her demand to ban all privately owned firearms (except theirs, of course). And that "ain't gonna happen". Pax...

OC for ME

Well, I'm pretty sure every politician has seen the Bill of Rights yet they continually write laws that infringe upon the Bill of Rights.

NoTolerance

Understanding is not the same thing as accepting. I'm certain they understand that criminals will still get all the guns they want. But... if the politicians were to accept the proven fact that the LAC would be helpless, and that crime would increase overnight, that would be tantamount to admitting they (the politician) were wrong in his/her demand to ban all privately owned firearms (except theirs, of course). And that "ain't gonna happen". Pax...

I really don't think that's their motivation at all. I'm far from a tinfoil hat-wearing conspiracy theorist, but I honestly believe those politicians that want to take all the guns away from LACs want to do so precisely because they grasp the full concept of the Second Amendment and the threat to them that it harbors. Were they to have their way and succeed in their dream of a National Gun Grab, armed criminals would be of almost no concern to them and easily curtailed with whatever Martial Law scheme they chose to implement. If they even chose to curtail it. What better motivator is there than fear and what better way to cause fear and demand dependency than to let the criminals run rampant?

Imagine the flurry of law changes that would arise after you denied the American people their basic human right of armed self-defense. A people that can't rise against their government are a people enslaved. And that's just how they want it.

OC for ME

<snip> Imagine the flurry of law changes that would arise after you denied the American people their basic human right of armed self-defense. A people that can't rise against their government are a people enslaved. And that's just how they want it.
United Kingdom aka Great Briton. ya don't have to think very hard or long to see it in action.

Gil223

United Kingdom aka Great Briton. ya don't have to think very hard or long to see it in action.

The Brits are, and always have been, "subjects of The Crown", not citizens as we understand the term. The Aussies, because of their roots, recognize "The Crown", but Australians are independent citizens with no other connection to the UK. The difference is purely technical, but the results are the same... GUN GRAB! Here's the way the Australian Gov't got their citizen's guns, and how the Aussies protested afterward:
[video=youtube;BoLSk_BjGuo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoLSk_BjGuo[/video]​
"Too little, too late. Never happen here", you think? The Aussies thought that way too. We Americans have become too complacent about everything. We accept the lies of politicians at face value, and vote to elect/re-elect them, even though we have seen their other face. BTW, the Aussie gun grab was (at least in part) the result of outside meddling from some wacko anti-gun broad from London. Pax...

OC for ME

Protest? What protest?

If they protested, as we understand/use the term, they may have gotten their gun right back. Nope, Auzzies are too embroiled in more important endeavors centered around the pub and sports betting.

They did not stop it when they had the chance and they continue to complain about it from a stool in the pub.

twoskinsonemanns

Americans are becoming more and more dependent on the government to take care of them and control them. They WANT it!
Everytime the smallest thing happens that makes people uncomfortable there is an uproar of "why don't they make new laws to protect me?".

It's as disgusting as the hypothetical woman who subconsciously likes when "bubba" slaps her around because it shows he cares... ugh!

john-galt

..."Too little, too late. Never happen here", you think? The Aussies thought that way too. We Americans have become too complacent about everything. We accept the lies of politicians at face value, and vote to elect/re-elect them, even though we have seen their other face....

So true! All they need is the right "crisis". It could be real, imagined or staged. Mass shootings, "terrorists" etc...

Last edited: