Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: D.C. man orders TV, receives assault rifle

D.C. man orders TV, receives assault rifle

Guy orders a TV from Amazon and get a rifle dropped off by UPS. Right now they're bot sure where the mix-up happened. If I was him I'm not sure I'd be complaining...

http://usat.ly/N66ppZ

If he woulda kept his mouth shut, I think he would have had a great deal.

Quad Rail, Flip up IS, Maybe a Vltor or Magpul stock, no paperwork... very nice deal for a 39 inch Westinghouse.

UPS does not hire based on ability to THINK!

They hire based on willingness to injure yourself and only do what you are told.

Put this label on that box. Okay.....
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

I goota order me a TV be right back......

Did the Sig come with a remote?
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    UPS does not hire based on ability to THINK!

They hire based on willingness to injure yourself and only do what you are told.

Put this label on that box. Okay.....
    Yet they have a fairly good track record.

I have had employees that are just plain.....well.....dumb...but often times they are useful. Better them making a few bucks doing what they are told then living off tax payer dollars.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Who did he order the TV from.

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Yet they have a fairly good track record.

I have had employees that are just plain.....well.....dumb...but often times they are useful. Better them making a few bucks doing what they are told then living off tax payer dollars.
    WHo's complaining!!!

Feds are going to be all over whoever put the wrong label on the box. I wouldn't want to be that person. Guessing its the shipping company since the packing slip inside the box is apparently correct. That said, with all the people who might have handled that box during shipping, it might be impossible to figure out how the wrong label got on there.
    Last edited by markand; 08-09-2012 at 02:52 AM.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by georg jetson View Post
    WHo's complaining!!!
    LOL...not me just making a statement that not bright people are useful too.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Amazon doesn't sell weapons... So obviously the ordering of a TV was simply coincidence.

Fault here lies with whoever shipped it by the information given.

Who would even think shipping a rifle like that to D.C. would be ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pfries View Post
    I goota order me a TV be right back......
    I ordered 10 ... **waiting**

Side note, I would have not reported that 2A protected firearm delivery and then complained about the missing TV.

I figure a gift is a gift.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

If He lived in the "Good Washington" here on the west coast he could've kept it probably.... well no becuase it would then be a stolen firearm since someone else owned it. cue the Brady Bunch saying this is time to close "the gun show loophole"

The guy receiving the God Given right, I' mean is that a sign the be upheld in the supreme court or what!

Anyway:
    The box had two mailing labels: one with his name and address, the other for a Pennsylvania gun store that had ordered it from a supplier.
    The guy is a dink for calling the cops! I'm sure with the other label he could have contacted the gun dealer, first, to see if there's any way they could retrieve them, first. What do you bet the gun dealer will never see those guns, or the cash returned that someone spent on them?

He sounds like a programmed DCBOT!
    I’m proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Am I the only person who finds this story a bit suspicious? On the heels of two mass shootings, an innocent man living in our nations capital who just wanted a new TV mistakenly receives a terrifying looking "assault weapon" that is conveniently banned in his city. The news media trumpet's the headlines and people shake their collective heads in disgust that such dangerous weapons are just lying around. I mean, what if a child or a criminal had ordered that TV instead?
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it." - Judge Learned Hand

I forgot this part:
    received a military-style assault rifle instead.
    I thought the Military defined assault rifle as Full Auto, is this SIG FA? Or just another media intentional misrepresentation.
    I’m proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    I forgot this part:

I thought the Military defined assault rifle as Full Auto, is this SIG FA? Or just another media intentional misrepresentation.
    Assault rifle's are by definition full auto. Now the correct term for a semi auto weapon intended for military use is Battle Rifle but don't tell that to the anti-gunners!

a military style weapon can be semi, for instance the British Army before going to the L-86 used a semi-auto FN FAL as their standard infantry rifle (becuase the 7.62 NATO full auto FAL kicked far too much to control on FA) so technically the term military style Battle Rifle would be correct terminology.

Personally I just use the term rifle, when people ask me what I think about "Assault weapons" and the need to control them, I politely inform them that using a Weapon in the commission of an Assault is already banned. That always gets me this dumbfounded look from anti gunners

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle
    cue the Brady Bunch saying this is time to close "the gun show loophole"
    I thought this was the UPS loophole?
    But I agree that the guy should at the very least have contacted the intended recipient, if not just kept his mouth shut.
    Calling the police? Displaying it at a party? Seriously??
    What a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    I thought this was the UPS loophole?
    But I agree that the guy should at the very least have contacted the intended recipient, if not just kept his mouth shut.
    Calling the police? Displaying it at a party? Seriously??
    What a moron.
    It was actually a joke based on how the anti gunners yell about " the gun show loophole" everytime a gun is used in a major crime regardless of where the gun came from

I've witnessed this same thing personally. Happened to me about 7 or 8 years ago. I had ordered a few rifles and instead of delivering them to me....the UPS guy delivered them to a blood bank in the city I lived in. He dropped off over thirty packages and had the woman in the lobby sign for everything. I had tracking on the package so when it was "delivered" I was a bit shocked...since it had not been delivered to me. I quickly looked it up and printed the screen and contacted UPS. They at first denied it and then magically the guns were "out for delivery" on their website. The same lame brain that delivered the rifles to the blood bank was sent to retrieve them and deliver them to me. So...it happens. I did not call the police and got my rifles quickly after my call.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

I was watching Fox news early this morning. The shipping tag fell of in transit and someone picked it up and stuck it on the box they thought it fell off of.

Seriously? A gun worth 2k... and this guy turns it in? Especially after it was just left outside his door... If I didn't sign for it, who can prove that I received it? I'm wondering though, if you look at the photo in the article, the rifle box is sitting on another box, that's opened on one end. If you look even closer at the bottom box, it looks like there is another box just the same size as the opened rifle box. Maybe he turned in one, kept the other, and still gets his TV?
    Be safe, be prepared, and carry on!

Alle Ihre Basisstation jetzt zu uns gehören

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mobeewan View Post
    The shipping tag fell of in transit and someone picked it up and stuck it on the box they thought it fell off of.
    I got 30 kg of weapons grade plutonium for the same reason ... I kept it .. not have 4 warheads ! Better than a TV for sure.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

On a more serious note & back to being on topic

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Guy orders a TV from Amazon and get a rifle dropped off by UPS. Right now they're bot sure where the mix-up happened.--snip--
    http://usat.ly/N66ppZ
    There are so many things wrong here it is hard to determine where to begin.

1) Amazon software directed the wrong purchase to the wrong supplier or crossed up two different purchasers names, products & shipping instructions.

2) UPS does not determine shipping instructions, make up the shipping label. The seller/shipper accomplishes that.

3) Out of state purchaser - requires delivery to FFL. Other ATF violations apparent i.e. can't ship gun to location (Wash. D.C.) where such is illegal.
    http://www.atf.gov/publications/down...-p-5300-15.pdf

4) Could this be an attempt to discredit gun owners via "loophole"? Possibly, but not likely. Nevertheless it is an opportunity for the antis to complain about on-line sales, background checks etc., et al.

BTW - the original article together with any photographs which obviously existed from posts prior to this, is gone, has been amended. Most of the information to which you all refer is no longer there.

Will be very interesting to see how this plays out.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast