Thread: Local Leftist Rag Suddenly Gone Soft?

McX

Local Leftist Rag Suddenly Gone Soft?

http://www.journaltimes.com/news/opi...11e1-99c3-001a

(link is no good, and wouldnt transfer, here's the first paragraph of the editorial opinion.)

Today, we are all Sikhs.

You don’t think so?

What’s to stop a man, filled with hatred, from showing up at your church next Sunday because he doesn’t like how you look or what you believe in?

Do you think it won’t happen to you because you’re a Christian in a Christian-majority nation? Tell that to the survivors of the seven members of the Living Church of God in Brookfield — not all that far from the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin in Oak Creek — killed by a fellow congregant on March 12, 2005.

What happened to the members of the Sikh Temple on Sunday happened to every American, every Wisconsinite. Because the six men killed were guilty of nothing more than what millions of Americans do on Sundays, and Saturdays, and Fridays: exercising their freedom of religion as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the Constitution.
    Last edited by McX; 08-08-2012 at 08:10 PM.

Some can see the obvious (this can happen to anyone),
    but cannot or will not make the tiny step of logic to understand that being defenseless won't stop it from happening.

Quote: "What happened to the members of the Sikh Temple on Sunday happened to every American, every Wisconsinite. Because the six men killed were guilty of nothing more than what millions of Americans do on Sundays, and Saturdays, and Fridays: exercising their freedom of religion as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the Constitution."

On Sundays, along with exercising my freedom of religion, I also exercise my second amendment rights by carrying a gun to church. Although my church is not posted, I carry concealed so as not to upset the sheep. The second amendment protects the first.

I consider a church very vulnerable to attack by unstable and or extremist persons.
    Wisconsin Carry Member

McX
    On Sundays, along with exercising my freedom of religion, I also exercise my second amendment rights by carrying a gun to church. Although my church is not posted, I carry concealed so as not to upset the sheep. The second amendment protects the first.

I consider a church very vulnerable to attack by unstable and or extremist persons.

Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    ^^^This^^^
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by XDFDE45 View Post
    ^^^This^^^
    and lets not forget possible attack from zombies, aliens, or PETA! 'snarf'.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    and lets not forget possible attack from zombies, aliens, or PETA! 'snarf'.
    ^^^And this^^^
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

I was already carrying to church , it is not posted.

I conceal

never seen a church posted...I OC, no-one cares, or says anything.

Anyway, it is interesting that this happened to the Sikh's as one of the tennents of their religion is to always be armed for their own personal protection, and the defense of their religion and the community. This usually (always?) takes the form of a knife, there is even a legal exemption in NYC (of all places), for the "adult" (12+) Sikh boys to be armed in school.

Maybe they need to upgrade their standard carry from a knife to pistol?

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    never seen a church posted...I OC, no-one cares, or says anything.

The Presbyterian church near Janesville I used to attend is now posted. God help them.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Wear yourr WCI t-shirts

Today I went for an organized bike ride at the Whitehall Beef & Dairy Days. While standing around the registration area one of the workers walked up and started discussing Wisconsin Carry. He noticed my bright orange t-shirt. He certainly isn't the first person to do so. I've had people in restaurants, gas stations, the bank and at work start up conversations. Most of them know of WCI from media coverage but they always learn a bit more before they leave. If you have a t-shirt, be sure to wear it often. If you don't, get a couple of them. It's great for our cause.
    IF YOU WANT TO BURN OUR AMERICAN FLAG, PLEASE WRAP YOURSELF UP IN IT FIRST...