• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Local Leftist Rag Suddenly Gone Soft?

M

McX

http://www.journaltimes.com/news/op...ll-of-us/article_da782774-e115-11e1-99c3-001a

(link is no good, and wouldnt transfer, here's the first paragraph of the editorial opinion.)

Today, we are all Sikhs.

You don’t think so?

What’s to stop a man, filled with hatred, from showing up at your church next Sunday because he doesn’t like how you look or what you believe in?

Do you think it won’t happen to you because you’re a Christian in a Christian-majority nation? Tell that to the survivors of the seven members of the Living Church of God in Brookfield — not all that far from the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin in Oak Creek — killed by a fellow congregant on March 12, 2005.

What happened to the members of the Sikh Temple on Sunday happened to every American, every Wisconsinite. Because the six men killed were guilty of nothing more than what millions of Americans do on Sundays, and Saturdays, and Fridays: exercising their freedom of religion as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the Constitution.

Last edited:

MKEgal

Some can see the obvious (this can happen to anyone),
but cannot or will not make the tiny step of logic to understand that being defenseless won't stop it from happening.

Preferred Customer

Quote: "What happened to the members of the Sikh Temple on Sunday happened to every American, every Wisconsinite. Because the six men killed were guilty of nothing more than what millions of Americans do on Sundays, and Saturdays, and Fridays: exercising their freedom of religion as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the Constitution."

On Sundays, along with exercising my freedom of religion, I also exercise my second amendment rights by carrying a gun to church. Although my church is not posted, I carry concealed so as not to upset the sheep. The second amendment protects the first.

I consider a church very vulnerable to attack by unstable and or extremist persons.

M

McX

On Sundays, along with exercising my freedom of religion, I also exercise my second amendment rights by carrying a gun to church. Although my church is not posted, I carry concealed so as not to upset the sheep. The second amendment protects the first.

I consider a church very vulnerable to attack by unstable and or extremist persons.

Ditto.

XDFDE45

and lets not forget possible attack from zombies, aliens, or PETA! 'snarf'.
^^^And this^^^
thumbsup.gif

hermannr

never seen a church posted...I OC, no-one cares, or says anything.

Anyway, it is interesting that this happened to the Sikh's as one of the tennents of their religion is to always be armed for their own personal protection, and the defense of their religion and the community. This usually (always?) takes the form of a knife, there is even a legal exemption in NYC (of all places), for the "adult" (12+) Sikh boys to be armed in school.

Maybe they need to upgrade their standard carry from a knife to pistol?

Krusty

Wear yourr WCI t-shirts

Today I went for an organized bike ride at the Whitehall Beef & Dairy Days. While standing around the registration area one of the workers walked up and started discussing Wisconsin Carry. He noticed my bright orange t-shirt. He certainly isn't the first person to do so. I've had people in restaurants, gas stations, the bank and at work start up conversations. Most of them know of WCI from media coverage but they always learn a bit more before they leave. If you have a t-shirt, be sure to wear it often. If you don't, get a couple of them. It's great for our cause.