• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Questions from a kansan about ccw in colorado....

ruskiegunlover

Kansas is reciprocal with colorado, so i know I can legally carry concealed. Don't know where to ask this, so I hope this is ok here......I am going to CO springs over labor day with some buddies, wanted to ccw in several places. Can I carry in Garden of the Gods? On the train to Pikes Peak?

Also considering hiking up or down Pikes Peak.......

Hope this is ok here!

PikesPeakMtnMan

If you're concealing then there is virtually no place that you're prohibited from carrying, especially not in the touristy areas, a FEW places restrict OC only, and they are posted. The only off-limits places are the usual ones, schools, federal buildings, etc...

You mentioned the cog train, Garden of the Gods, and hiking Pikes Peak....you can certainly carry in all of those places, even OC if you want to.

Barr trail on Pikes Peak is very popular, plan on an EARLY start and allow about 8 hours one way...it's a 13 mile trail. A much shorter trail is from the Crags outside of Cripple Creek on the other side of the mountain. That one can be done in a matter of hours. (before I broke my leg my brother and I used to hike the Peak every Labor Day, either Barr trail or the Crags trail)

JamesB

If you're concealing then there is virtually no place that you're prohibited from carrying, especially not in the touristy areas, a FEW places restrict OC only, and they are posted. The only off-limits places are the usual ones, schools, federal buildings, etc...

You mentioned the cog train, Garden of the Gods, and hiking Pikes Peak....you can certainly carry in all of those places, even OC if you want to.

I would second all of this as completely correct, with the exception of the train. I would not recommend OC on the train since it is a means of public transportation...CC is stil just fine there as far as I know.

widowman10

yup! just met a guy on the trail OC'ing a S&W .44 on the pikes peak trail! course i was hiking faster cause i was packin only a .380 ;) haha j/k