• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Banning guns for political groups

papa bear

I would like to congratulate Mr. Horwitz, we can finally agree on the subject. i too think that we should have gun control on people of a political bent. the progressive neo-nazi can be one of the groups we speak of. all though it will b hard to do that if they have done no harm. but, maybe we can ban all the progressives from having a firearm. just think the shooter in Tucson was a progressive, as was most of the mass shooters we have had these days. the group that was totally against citizens with guns, was the old Nazis. a very progressive group. one of the first things they did was ban citizens from firearms so only they had them. look at the green party(the new red). i think most of them should be banned from having firearms.

https://app.e2ma.net/app/view:Campa...93630244/rid:a48247e011b212e8489ee2f4e20548b4

davidmcbeth

Banned
Jewish people should know that gun control does not work ... they did that in Nazi Germany (worked like a charm for them) ... so maybe it works only for some people.

Why would neo-Nazi's be a target? I'm not worried about them.

OC for ME

NO!

The party in power today, that bans guns from the party you don't like today, may be the party that would be subject to a gun ban tomorrow because the formerly banned party would be in power.

Beretta92FSLady

I would like to congratulate Mr. Horwitz, we can finally agree on the subject. i too think that we should have gun control on people of a political bent. the progressive neo-nazi can be one of the groups we speak of. all though it will b hard to do that if they have done no harm. but, maybe we can ban all the progressives from having a firearm. just think the shooter in Tucson was a progressive, as was most of the mass shooters we have had these days. the group that was totally against citizens with guns, was the old Nazis. a very progressive group. one of the first things they did was ban citizens from firearms so only they had them. look at the green party(the new red). i think most of them should be banned from having firearms.

https://app.e2ma.net/app/view:Campa...93630244/rid:a48247e011b212e8489ee2f4e20548b4

I'm all for trying new things, go for it; you can come to my door first...I'll be wait'n.

Beretta92FSLady

It figures, someone who supports theft, extortion, and other criminal activities would be only too willing to defend herself.

I've defended myself before, and I will not hesitate to do it again. *reade wrong*

Yes, I do support theft, extortion, and other criminal activities...from your perspective.

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

I recently commented on a similar thread on The High Road regarding "hate groups" and guns. the real debate there was whether new jersey with a question on their purchase permit application was meant to fish for hate group membership.

There are felony laws already on the books that make it illegal to conspire to deprive someone of their civil rights, and make it illegal to pledge violent overthrow of the US or a State government. If the Sihk shooter had in fact been on the FBIs radar, then obviously he must have not been active enough in doing either since he was never prosecuted.

also The mailer makes the absurd implication that someone should be denied their rights because a non governmental private interest group labels any associations of his as a "hate group" but hey i guess i'm preaching to the choir here.

No, he should not have been denied his rights based off of what the government knew at the time he purchased the firearms

papa bear

The 2nd Amendment does not say if you belong to the right political party this applies to you.

Just the People....

Jewish people should know that gun control does not work ... they did that in Nazi Germany (worked like a charm for them) ... so maybe it works only for some people.

Why would neo-Nazi's be a target? I'm not worried about them.

you mean you people would want to see "occupy wall street bunch " carrying? talk about hate groups

WalkingWolf

you mean you people would want to see "occupy wall street bunch " carrying? talk about hate groups

The solution is so simple, just look at prohibition. Let everybody sell or own guns. Mass shootings would stop. It's funny the wild west was never wild, and a nation full of civilized laws is not civil. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure it out.

Jack House

I'm more concerned about the government having weapons than occupiers. You want to talk about hate groups? That's the deadliest one right there. They're more deadly and dangerous than even terrorists, to top it off, they hate us more than terrorists do.

Last edited:

Davy Sprocket

Woah woah woah wait a minute here. The op uses nazi and progressives interchangably. They are polar opposites. Secondly, do the words shall not be infringed mean anything. Third, in nazi Germany they had similar gun laws as we do here in the US now. In fact hitler helped to loosen the laws and encouraged gun ownership by citizens.

WalkingWolf

Woah woah woah wait a minute here. The op uses nazi and progressives interchangably. They are polar opposites. Secondly, do the words shall not be infringed mean anything. Third, in nazi Germany they had similar gun laws as we do here in the US now. In fact hitler helped to loosen the laws and encouraged gun ownership by citizens.

If that is indeed true could you post a cite for the statement in bold?

nonameisgood

It's a serious misinterpretation of history to say that the Nazis relaxed gun laws. The Weimar government implemented gun control (as the party in power) in an effort to control the Nazis. The Nazis extended these rules to hold power after political victories in 1933.
The use of laws to hold power is the nature of a standing government.

Davy Sprocket

I did a google search and it's on guncite.com somewhere. I also have another source, but I can't find it in a decent amount of time. I know, how convenient.

The Wolfhound

The real test of freedom......

We find someone else's use of freedom disturbing so we want to curtail it. It is an unfortunate factor of human nature. Bobby Seals and the Black Panthers were following existing laws and carrying guns around California in the 1960s. It annoyed and scared officials who reacted by banning weapon carry. They took freedom from those they did not like, but WE ALL LOST FREEDOM as a result. Truely embracing freedom means that the "other guy" get his share of it too.