Thread: Open Carrying Store Employees Repel Robbery

Open Carrying Store Employees Repel Robbery

[url]http://www.gazette.com/articles/shot-142928-robbers-one.html[\url]

From the many comments posted on the Facebook pages of the various news agencies reporting this event, the owners/employees regularly OC while tending to their business. These two robbers picked the wrong store to rob.

Anyone else find it "strange" that commenters to this story can't find anything bad to say about the apparent lawful use of guns in self-defense...but the exact opposite is true regarding several past incidents involving people carrying guns but not even involving gunfire.
    One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make it worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by PikesPeakMtnMan View Post

From the many comments posted on the Facebook pages of the various news agencies reporting this event, the owners/employees regularly OC while tending to their business. These two robbers picked the wrong store to rob.

Anyone else find it "strange" that commenters to this story can't find anything bad to say about the apparent lawful use of guns in self-defense...but the exact opposite is true regarding several past incidents involving people carrying guns but not even involving gunfire.
    Howdy Amigo!
    These folks did terrific in putting two thugs into the hospital. As soon as they are well enough, they'll be on their way to jail.
    I love hearing stories of citizens standing to their own defense. The more of us there are, the fewer bad guys we'll have running around performing miscreancy.
    The more thugs that get themselves shot, word gets around, and maybe they'll break down and try to find another line of ambition.
    It is terrific to hear that people are putting thugs where they belong.... the hospital, the jail, or the morgue.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

Anti-gun people don't comment on these types of stories because they do not want to acknowledge that any good can come from the lawful carry of firearms. They refuse to believe that it can happen, so the story must be wrong. They put their blinders on and go around muttering "that didn't happen...that didn't happen..."
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by ak56 View Post
    Anti-gun people don't comment on these types of stories because they do not want to acknowledge that any good can come from the lawful carry of firearms. They refuse to believe that it can happen, so the story must be wrong. They put their blinders on and go around muttering "that didn't happen...that didn't happen..."
    Howdy Pard!
    And the more people who stand to their own defense, and the more word of mouth as the tale gets retold from citizen to citizen, the more people understand the need to provide for their own safety. The more this happens, the more people hear of it, the more people embrace their own defense. It doesn't matter what the anti's say, when the facts keep showing up in case after case.

Those who deny the facts only render themselves irrelevant when the number of cases of a citizen standing to their own defense continue to increase in number from coast to coast, border to border.

The thing those anti types fail to realize is, facts speak louder than denials.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

Wow! I just OCed there yesterday afternoon with my 1911. I was coming back from a little target shooting in the mountains. I grabbed some beer, and I asked employee Mike to step outside so that he could look at my SKS, and my 1944 Beretta pistol that I had been shooting.

Yep, those guys do OC all the time there. Most of them carry 1911s.

The recent spate of this kind of event has me thinking. Maybe it's me, and maybe it's because I'm more keyed in on firearms. Seems like more shop owners are carrying than ever. Again, maybe it's just because I'm noticing more. But if that's the real trend, more businesses arming themselves, then what is the next step? (Oh I should emphatically declare that I am totally in favor of arming stores and people) This is more an exercise in what if. So if thieves feel that the crime of opportunity has left the convenience store, what is the next target? I'm thinking it's going to be other stores first. Maybe less lucrative, but still. Then maybe there is an uptick it mugging? I wonder.

Please don't think of this as argument for any kind of gun control. I'm just wondering if in the next years we see an uptick in home invasions etc. Just a thought exercise.