• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carrying Store Employees Repel Robbery

M-Taliesin

Anti-gun people don't comment on these types of stories because they do not want to acknowledge that any good can come from the lawful carry of firearms. They refuse to believe that it can happen, so the story must be wrong. They put their blinders on and go around muttering "that didn't happen...that didn't happen..."

Howdy Pard!
And the more people who stand to their own defense, and the more word of mouth as the tale gets retold from citizen to citizen, the more people understand the need to provide for their own safety. The more this happens, the more people hear of it, the more people embrace their own defense. It doesn't matter what the anti's say, when the facts keep showing up in case after case.

Those who deny the facts only render themselves irrelevant when the number of cases of a citizen standing to their own defense continue to increase in number from coast to coast, border to border.

The thing those anti types fail to realize is, facts speak louder than denials.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

mobiushky

The recent spate of this kind of event has me thinking. Maybe it's me, and maybe it's because I'm more keyed in on firearms. Seems like more shop owners are carrying than ever. Again, maybe it's just because I'm noticing more. But if that's the real trend, more businesses arming themselves, then what is the next step? (Oh I should emphatically declare that I am totally in favor of arming stores and people) This is more an exercise in what if. So if thieves feel that the crime of opportunity has left the convenience store, what is the next target? I'm thinking it's going to be other stores first. Maybe less lucrative, but still. Then maybe there is an uptick it mugging? I wonder.

Please don't think of this as argument for any kind of gun control. I'm just wondering if in the next years we see an uptick in home invasions etc. Just a thought exercise.