• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns a placebo. John Stossel talks about hardcore tyranny in America

john-galt

Thank you for this. Great story on how much of what we do is being regulated by the heavy hand of government. The government wants to control every facet of our lives....The message from the government is clear, "Sit down, shut-up and do what we tell you...or else!!".

"When the government fears the people, you have liberty. When the people fear the government, you have tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson.

Try asking people if they are more afraid of terrorists or the government? Most people I ask are far more afraid of the government.

This is why we need to stand our ground on our 2nd ammendemnt rights and support groups that are fighting for them such as GOA, VCDL, NRA and opencarry.org. The Government will take everything we have, if we let them.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

Counting them is impossible. The Justice Department spent two years trying in the 1980s, but produced only an estimate: 3,000 federal criminal offenses.

The DOJ cannot count greater then 3000....I feel safe with these guys at the helm

No wonder 15,000,000,000,000+ is difficult for them to understand.

jbone

Or even this one last year: http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/161065/158/Woodpecker-Saving-Daughter-Costs-Mom-500

Or even this one: http://www.latimes.com/business/mon...estigation-mortgages-20120810,0,6319671.story

Oh wait, never mind, this is OK would seem, along with selling gun to criminals in mexico! I would have figured for sure these two nasty deeds would have been included in the countless federal laws that apply to everyone.

twoskinsonemanns

In order to keep the power in the hands of the right people you need to have the kind of totalitarian system we are implementing. Don't worry too much about it. You can still have a semblance of happiness and the illusion of freedom. Just do what you are told. Prostrate when commanded. If you comply you with the right attitude you will be allowed to continue marching along.

Just remember, we have it setup just right so anyone can be prosecuted anytime.
Stay in line and don't give Us reason to notice you.

Remember We're watching.

eye-of-sauron.jpg

davidmcbeth

Banned

They dropped (fish & wildlife agency) the charges ... saying the citation should "never have been written" ... and that was cancelled w/o even notifying the plaintiff .... per the press. State troopers said "they had nothing to do with the charge" .. then why were they there??....a notice of trespass is warranted.

next time? let the bird die of natural causes

Freedom1Man

Murder one person you're a criminal.
Kill 200 and your a hero.
Be responsible for the deaths of thousands, get a noble peace prize.

Rob a liquor store, go to jail for years end up with a felony and no money.
Scam people out of millions, confess to it go to jail as a felon and keep most of the money.
Steal millions from retirement funds, wreck the retirement funds of hundreds of thousands of workers, bankrupt a bank, rip off depositors, and other criminal acts you get bailed out by the government, a fat 'separation check' and paid retirement.
Be responsible for defrauding and stealing billions from hard working Citizens of the U.S. of A., accept millions in bribes, help your friends commit fraud, environmental destruction, the loss of millions of jobs, help cause a financial collapse, and as a punishment you get re-elected, a life time retirement pension, and exception from all criminal activities committed (eg DV, DUI, extortion, bribery, theft, fraud).

Help an injured animal face fines and jail time.
Help an injured fellow citizen face civil liability.
Stand up for your rights go to jail plus misc charges.
Be in the wrong place at the wrong time minding your own business, you can be beaten, arrested, tazered, pepper sprayed, and more.

I guess crime pays so long as your do a good enough job at it.
So why is it I should follow the law? I know, I know I follow the law so I can be in the 'right' but what about when will following the law is not morally viable? Give up your guns because it's against the law to be armed anymore.

Last edited: