• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gary Johnson

dwordinger

These has been some discussion of this presidential candidate already, but I just watched http://www.foxreno.com/news/news/local/three-man-race-can-johnson-beat-obama-and-romney-n/nQDqs/ and really appreciated his response to a question about two recent "high profile gun crimes." (9:45 in the video) Governor Johnson's response, "t was really a wake up call to me personally ... I should have a concealed permit myself."

Governor Johnson has previously said he does not own any firearms, but on the campaign trail, at a few stops pro gun groups have taken him to the firing range. He has never shied away from the Second Amendment simply said matter-of-factly he supports it because it's the right thing to do.

[As a veteran, US citizen, and taxpayer, I liked his comments on defense (6:08) also. He's my man.]

On a related note, Gary's vice presidential running mate, Judge Jim Gray is scheduled to be in Spokane on 20 August. I don't have any schedule of the day's events yet. Stay tuned if you're interested.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Oh no, a candidate that touts personal responsibility instead of guberment nanny-state...him, romney, or obamalama? The choice is clear. Johnson. Someone should give him an AR though ....

SeattleWingsfan

I've liked johnson since I grew knowledgable of his existence. Thats the problem though. The vast majority of people will not even find out about him. The only thing normal media channels will discuss is The crooked two party system canidates. I was part of the delegate process, and it surprised me how many of my friends had never even heard of Ron Paul. They only said Obama sucked and we needed a different option. You know society is messed up when I ask 15 people that come into my shop if they like Rob McKenna and 10 ask who that is. The GP cares more about when some new video game comes out or when their favorite TV show comes back for the season.

dwordinger

Lunch with

Gary Johnson can't make it, but his vice presidential running mate, Judge Jim Gray will be in Spokane Monday, 20 August. We're having lunch at 12 noon in the back room of Perkins, East 12 Olive, just north of the bridge and right of Division. I plan to open carry with him and invite anyone who wants to join us for lunch.

twoskinsonemanns

Johnson is my guy. It sad though, people will vote fore whatever their "typical" party serves up for them.

You guys ever seen the sketch (thinking Leno) where he quotes Palin but tells folks it's Obama (and vice versa) and they proceed to tell him how much they agree with it! I can't see to find it.

dwordinger

I missed the last time he was over on the wet side, was swamped with work. Do you know if he is making another trip this way?
This Sunday at Everest Park, 8th Street South, Kirkland, WA from 3 to 6 PM. After that, no, I don't know, but I doubt it. I was told this part day stop in Spokane is the only time he will be here, but you folks on the wet side seem to get better service.

sudden valley gunner

This Sunday at Everest Park, 8th Street South, Kirkland, WA from 3 to 6 PM. After that, no, I don't know, but I doubt it. I was told this part day stop in Spokane is the only time he will be here, but you folks on the wet side seem to get better service.

Thanks Dave. I'll try to make it. I been out of the loop with Larry here too, I'll try to coordinate with him.