Thread: OT: Job Opportunity

OT: Job Opportunity

We (as drivers) have finally reached the point that we're starting to run out of available hours BEFORE all the weekly work is finished: the company has finally determined that it would be a good idea if they did some hiring.

REQUIRED:
    CDL Class "A:
    Local Driving Experience with CDL
    willing to work up to 15 hour days with absolutely no clue as to when you'll be off (other than the "when the work is done" clue)
    Membership in Local 174 within 30 days of hiring (dues are currently 75.00 per month)

PREFERRED:
    Ready-mix experience

current scale is $27.28 per hour, time and one half after 8 hours, double time after 10 hours with approximately $6.45 per hour going into your pension plan

Banned
    Can you note your crack-use policy?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Can you note your crack-use policy?
    pants should be worn in the "fully upright" position

Quote Originally Posted by 5jeffro7 View Post
    We (as drivers) have finally reached the point that we're starting to run out of available hours BEFORE all the weekly work is finished: the company has finally determined that it would be a good idea if they did some hiring.

REQUIRED:
    CDL Class "A:
    Local Driving Experience with CDL
    willing to work up to 15 hour days with absolutely no clue as to when you'll be off (other than the "when the work is done" clue)
    Membership in Local 174 within 30 days of hiring (dues are currently 75.00 per month)

PREFERRED:
    Ready-mix experience

current scale is $27.28 per hour, time and one half after 8 hours, double time after 10 hours with approximately $6.45 per hour going into your pension plan
    Not local 174 Again.... Those guys were not all that bright when I was in that local.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Does the company/union allow you to open carry on the job? There, now this thread is on topic... NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajetpilot View Post
    Does the company/union allow you to open carry on the job? There, now this thread is on topic... NOT!
    That union/local is not self defense friendly at all.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Just because it appears as though you're not thrilled about organized labor....

maybe you ought to get your ducks in a row before spouting off:

it isn't about being self-defense friendly, it is about obeying the law.

the union is not the ones with the "anti firearm" policy, it is the federal government: it is illegal to carry a firearm in a commercial vehicle...has nothing to do with the union.

Please keep your anti-union rhetoric to yourself unless you know for 100% certain what you speak of

J

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    That union/local is not self defense friendly at all.

This thread needs locking. Not on topic at all. Careful Freedom1Man dont piss off union members.
    http://americayouaskedforit.wordpres...-mo-town-hall/
    http://blog.heritage.org/2011/09/08/...-six-hostages/
    OR This Sweetheart.. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/expl...a-out-of-here/
    Shall we continue? Oh i was Open Carrying while i wrote this.
    "Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms." Josey Wales

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by 5jeffro7 View Post
    maybe you ought to get your ducks in a row before spouting off:

it isn't about being self-defense friendly, it is about obeying the law.

the union is not the ones with the "anti firearm" policy, it is the federal government: it is illegal to carry a firearm in a commercial vehicle...has nothing to do with the union.

Please keep your anti-union rhetoric to yourself unless you know for 100% certain what you speak of

J
    Please provide the cite in support of your claim that to carry a firearm in a commercial vehicle is against the law.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Please provide the cite in support of your claim that to carry a firearm in a commercial vehicle is against the law.
    Ditto.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)