• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Next zombie gun

EMNofSeattle

How many rounds is enough, frankly if it's a big enough group of zombies that 5 rounds and a spike bayonet are inadequate to deal with them I'm high tailing it out of dodge. I only need capacity to kill a small handful of Zs becuase if they're swarming I'm not going to waste time aiming and shooting at them

07Altima

They do good as small game, and bird

They work really well for small game, and bird guns, you can get the 2 plug cylinder plug so its legal but they work great for that, I saw a hunting report that they are super light, and with the 410 they have great grouping at decent range, I saw the range report where the guy was able to bag 4 field birds, later mentioned that at a range of about 15 ft was able to down a small dear with it as well. I assume he was using a slug with the shot shell though.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
How many rounds is enough, frankly if it's a big enough group of zombies that 5 rounds and a spike bayonet are inadequate to deal with them I'm high tailing it out of dodge. I only need capacity to kill a small handful of Zs becuase if they're swarming I'm not going to waste time aiming and shooting at them

When it comes to zombies you can never have enough rounds...and you can only run for so long...lol

07Altima

This is what you really need for Zombies :)

thats why you move to Alaska or Montana, and buy a M60, and a 20 millimeter Anti Aircraft guy woot :)

EMNofSeattle

I don't hunt myself, so I'm not familiar with this. There's a magazine limit for bird/small game hunting?

For waterfowl and upland bird hunting you may not have more then three rounds capacity in your shotgun
That's why when you buy most tube fed shotguns they only allow you to jam two shells in tube and one in chamber or in some cases three in tube but you may only have three total shells in the firearm at one time. Now a shotgun with a higher capacity can be used for bird hunting if the gun is "modified." (normally by use of a plug that goes into the tube mag of most shotguns) to take no more three three shells.

FMJ 911

I had a chance to test fire one of those "Revolver Rifles", and they're pretty slick! For use against Zombies, it would be a great Hit 'N' Run gun. Fire off 5 quick shots and run like crazy!