• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SLFU made it easy for me; no, really!

DDoutel

Just letting everyone here know, as I believe it's important for us to praise as well as damn where each is due, that as of today before noon, my pistol permit is back in my wallet, freshly dated and good to go for another 5 years.

In total, from the time I passed through the check-in point at the door, it took just 13 minutes. My thanks goes to Det. Vincent Imbimbo at SLFU, who laid the groundwork and did what needed to be done in their computer system last Friday, and the guys working the desk this morning. All were helpful and professional, some were even cheerful.

On another note, I was in Hiller Sports in Norwalk (the folks who bought from Forest And Field), and ran into Norwalk PD's longest serving officer, mustered in in the early 70's. His name's Pete, a sergeant, and he seems like a genuinely nice guy and a reasonable and intelligent LEO. For the record, I asked him specifically what he thought of open carry. His reply was that provided the person has a permit, he has no problem with it. I asked him if the rest of the Norwalk PD was up on state law as it pertains to open carry, and if they were of like mind. Pete professed to not having an answer to that one. He's got a good handshake, a genuine smile, and looks you in the eye when he talks to you.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Good to hear that you did not encounter any problem retrieving the property that was wrongfully taken from you. Glad you had a pleasant day, you certainly deserve one.

Last edited: