• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock 30/36?

11B2O

Anyone have any experience with the Glock 30 or 36? Thinking about picking one up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

matt2636

Anyone have any experience with the Glock 30 or 36? Thinking about picking one up.

ive had both. still have my 30. the 36 is thinner its basically your "1911" but had 6+1. the 30sf is the 21sf but in a compact. both accurate. i like the 30sf better because more rounds 10+1 and my 21 mags work with it unlike the 36. i thought the 30 shot softer than the 36.

j4l

Both are great. But it depends, really, on your intended use for it- CC or OC? The 36 is a good bit smaller, and may fit the hand better, if you have smaller hands.

QilvinLEO

I carry the 30. I would really like to buy/try the 36, however, I am not to comfortable with the amount of ammunition loss and the inablity to swap magazines.

But on a hot day, I will swear to you I wish it was smaller.

11B2O

Well everyone I've recently shot both the 30 and 36. I like the 30 better from shooting it even though it doesnt feel as good as the 36 in my hands. I guess sometimes how it feels in your hands is no indication of how you will preform with it. I have been looking for a new CC handgun for when I want to CC, seeing as my m&p9 is really hard to cc without printing. The Glock 30 seems like a great weapon. But in the end i choose......the m&p9c because I am already familiar with the weapon system and it is small enough to cc around. Recoil is also very manageable on it.

tcmech

I carry a glock 36, a buddy of mine carries a glock 30, I like the 30sf better than either myself. If glock made a 36sf that would be my ideal carry gun. I think that the loss of 4 rounds is not as big of a deal for someone used to revolvers or 1911's as it is for someone who is used to hi cap 9mm's.