Thread: TIME Magazine phones it in - and gets a wrong number.

Thumbs down TIME Magazine phones it in - and gets a wrong number.

TIME Magazine phones it in - and gets a wrong number.

Actually, they get a lot of numbers wrong. And yet the introduction shows so much promise of someone who might actually "get it".

Possibly the only reason to read the editorial, or even click the link in the first place, is to see the very pretty graphic the art department came up with. I wonder if you could get that done in Cerakote?

Go ahead, click the link and look at the pretty paint job.

stay safe.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...121660,00.html

After the ghastly act of terrorism against a Sikh temple in Wisconsin on Aug. 5, Americans are pondering how to stop gun violence. We have decided that it is, in the words of New York Times columnist David Brooks, a problem of psychology, not sociology. We are trying to fathom the evil ideology of Wade Michael Page. Only several weeks ago, we were all trying to understand the twisted psychology of James Holmes, the man who killed 12 innocents at a movie theater in Aurora, Colo. Before that it was the mania of Jared Loughner, who shot Congresswoman Gabby Giffords last year.
    Certainly we should try to identify such people and help treat and track them. But aside from the immense difficulty of such a task--there are millions of fanatical, crazy people, and very few turn into mass murderers--it misses the real problem.

"He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Banned
    " I don't recall Will responding to, say, the 9/11 attacks--or any other law-and-order issue for that matter--with a "things happen" sentiment.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...#ixzz238zP4sUT

And what does 9-11 have anything to do with handguns/rifles?

But the number of firearm homicides is essentially unchanged. What can explain this anomaly except easier access to guns?
    Can the contradiction and false premise be discerned?

.....hint.....look to the underlined parts.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

How can an "intelligent" person honestly think that a criminal will obey any law? I refuse to believe that the gun control argument is about saving lives whatsoever. IMO anyone who uses their 1A right to call to restrict or denounce anyone else's rights should lose their 1A right forever.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Oh, looks like he might have plagiarized too.

http://m.newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-g...graph-history-

So, the dude pirated another reporter's article and they apologize. But they don't offer a link to said article? Their apology is weak.

I'm surprised they didn't just sweep it under the rug and say it was just some racists who thought he stole material because we are racists.

Time magazine sucks. Period!

There were so many things wrong with that column that I wouldn't know where to start. Not to mention that one could write a multiple page report refuting all of the inaccuracies/falsehoods of it.

Quote Originally Posted by cm2624 View Post
    Time magazine sucks. Period!
    +1

Looks like I'll be thumbing through Home and Garden at the Dr's office from now on.
    It's better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it...