• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TIME Magazine phones it in - and gets a wrong number.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
TIME Magazine phones it in - and gets a wrong number.

Actually, they get a lot of numbers wrong. And yet the introduction shows so much promise of someone who might actually "get it".

Possibly the only reason to read the editorial, or even click the link in the first place, is to see the very pretty graphic the art department came up with. I wonder if you could get that done in Cerakote?

Go ahead, click the link and look at the pretty paint job.

stay safe.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2121660,00.html

After the ghastly act of terrorism against a Sikh temple in Wisconsin on Aug. 5, Americans are pondering how to stop gun violence. We have decided that it is, in the words of New York Times columnist David Brooks, a problem of psychology, not sociology. We are trying to fathom the evil ideology of Wade Michael Page. Only several weeks ago, we were all trying to understand the twisted psychology of James Holmes, the man who killed 12 innocents at a movie theater in Aurora, Colo. Before that it was the mania of Jared Loughner, who shot Congresswoman Gabby Giffords last year.
Certainly we should try to identify such people and help treat and track them. But aside from the immense difficulty of such a task--there are millions of fanatical, crazy people, and very few turn into mass murderers--it misses the real problem.

OC for ME

But the number of firearm homicides is essentially unchanged. What can explain this anomaly except easier access to guns?
Can the contradiction and false premise be discerned?

.....hint.....look to the underlined parts.

CCinMaine

How can an "intelligent" person honestly think that a criminal will obey any law? I refuse to believe that the gun control argument is about saving lives whatsoever. IMO anyone who uses their 1A right to call to restrict or denounce anyone else's rights should lose their 1A right forever.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Jack House

So, the dude pirated another reporter's article and they apologize. But they don't offer a link to said article? Their apology is weak.

CCinMaine

I'm surprised they didn't just sweep it under the rug and say it was just some racists who thought he stole material because we are racists.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Aknazer

There were so many things wrong with that column that I wouldn't know where to start. Not to mention that one could write a multiple page report refuting all of the inaccuracies/falsehoods of it.