Thread: Cloudflare Attempt # 2

Cloudflare Attempt # 2

The last time we tried to use Cloudflare caching, certain users reported problems and I turned it off as a precaution.

I have adjusted the settings based upon feedback from vBulletin and have re-enabled it.

Please let me know ASAP if you see any strangeness.

Thanks!

John

Just started... Seems like my pages are caching. While I am not seeing the same issue as before, topics that I have gone in and read are not showing up as read when I refresh the page. Ill let you know if I see any other odds.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Issues

a) Topics I have read are not being marked as read (stay bold)
    b) Having issues making posts on threads (had to switch browers to post this)

Edit: seems it works fine from my phone. Starting to think it may be related to network configuration at my work... :-(

Something about cloudfare and specific network configurations.
    Last edited by slapmonkay; 08-10-2012 at 02:45 PM.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

It keeps thinking I'm slapmonkay. Having trouble posting due to cached security credentials.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Also, posts seem to disappear at random.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

$#$%!

It is off again. Thanks for the reports.

John

Works good now.

Quote Originally Posted by slapmonkay View Post
    Works good now.
    Thanks for the help and the quick problem reporting!

I will keep investigating the issue.

John

State Researcher
    I am now having difficulties. Threads I have read and forums I have double-clicked to mark as read are not being properly indicated when I refresh.
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Admitted to practice in West Virginia and Florida.

Founder, Past President, Treasurer, and General Counsel, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    Life Member, NRA

Quote Originally Posted by JimMullinsWVCDL View Post
    I am now having difficulties. Threads I have read and forums I have double-clicked to mark as read are not being properly indicated when I refresh.
    The strange thing is that I have had Cloudflare turned off for two weeks now???
    Last edited by John Pierce; 08-24-2012 at 09:44 AM.