Thread: NVFAC So Area Director resigning.

NVFAC So Area Director resigning.

Seems the current Director is overwhelmed with business and can't give his attention to the task as he should. ( I can understand that! )

If anyone in Clark County would like to take on this imprortant job please contact Don Turner at don@nvfac.org.

It sure would be nice to have an OC guy/gal take that spot.

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

Why am I as a member hearing of this on this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegassteve View Post
    Pick One

[ ] Lack of Proper Management
    [ ] Lack of Communication (from the management)
    [ ] Lack of Caring for the Cause (from the management)
    [ ] ALL of the above

Hmmm, I see a pattern

Time for the members to get working on changing the Manmgement

That the one reason why I haven't joined, is because I see the members here always complaining, and it is falling on deaf ears (The Management)

and don't give me that "Well join and you cold make a difference" speech, because the 200 or so members that paid there money and really have nothing to show for it cant make a change! So I don't think my 1 vote and $$ will make a change either.

Just my 2 cents from what I see in the forums and on there very uninformative web site!
    http://washoecountygunrights.blogspot.com/

*** I am NOT a Lawyer, and I DO NOT have any LEGAL EXPERIENCE OR QUALIFICATIONS ***

MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by john-in-reno View Post
    Pick One

[ ] Lack of Proper Management
    [ ] Lack of Communication (from the management)
    [ ] Lack of Caring for the Cause (from the management)
    [ ] ALL of the above

Hmmm, I see a pattern

Time for the members to get working on changing the Manmgement

That the one reason why I haven't joined, is because I see the members here always complaining, and it is falling on deaf ears (The Management)

and don't give me that "Well join and you cold make a difference" speech, because the 200 or so members that paid there money and really have nothing to show for it cant make a change! So I don't think my 1 vote and $$ will make a change either.

Just my 2 cents from what I see in the forums and on there very uninformative web site!

There is one more possibility you left off your list above. I just happened to be communicating with Don Turner about something else and in his response to my questions he let me know.

So add to the list:

[ ] Just happened.

None of us have been happy with the pace of the Association but in defense the NVFAC is a volunteer organization and I would not expect someone to drop everything to get this on the website within minutes. I would much rather they work on something really important like registration.

TBG
    Last edited by The Big Guy; 08-10-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    There is one more possibility you left off your list above. I just happened to be communicating with Don Turner about something else and in his response to my questions he let me know.

So add to the list:

[ ] Just happened.

TBG
    Well that too, but I still think the rest apply from what I have heard the members talking about!

And I hope you get things fixed, As I would like to join the cause and try to help and get help here in Northern Nevada as much as I can, But with the way things stand right now with the lack of communication, and such I cant see myself doing that!
    http://washoecountygunrights.blogspot.com/

*** I am NOT a Lawyer, and I DO NOT have any LEGAL EXPERIENCE OR QUALIFICATIONS ***

MOLON LABE

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Seems to me you've got your first mandate for when you take the job.

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,
    Just found out and the post was yesterday. Just checked the NFAC web site and nothing.

If things don't improve, I will not renew. I get more done on my own w/the GOA seems like.

One question is, where is all the money going to but that is another post/story I guess.

P.S. They do have my email.
    Last edited by Rollbar; 08-11-2012 at 10:48 PM.

Just to let you know what I found out about the lack of information coming out of the Coalition. I'm told that the webmaster is working on getting things set up for mass emailing. Don Turner has told him that it is the top priority and must be done ASAP. I don't know what this will take but at least this seems encouraging.

TBG

There is one of us thinking about this but says his weekends are tied up. We in the OC community really need someone to step up on this. We need someone with energy to jump in. Just sitting outside and bitchin' doesn't help.

TBG

Not the barer of bad new and interfaces/forums are a little different but as well as the same in some respects.

A mass Email is a click of a button on the admin panel of the forum.

Enter desired subject/text/message and click-it will go to everyone who is REGISTERED on the forum.

P.S. Give me the login/password and I will handle it/help set up the forum.
    Last edited by Rollbar; 08-13-2012 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollbar View Post
    Not the barer of bad new and interfaces/forums are a little different but as well as the same in some respects.

Enter desired subject/text/message and click-it will go to everyone who is REGISTERED on the forum.

That requires every member to have created a user account on the web forum.

I think what they are setting up is a mailing list from the membership information; i.e., the email addresses that members provided when they joined the NVFAC. Those are not automatically placed in a web forum database.
    Last edited by wrightme; 08-13-2012 at 02:25 PM.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    That requires every member to have created a user account on the web forum.
    That is what I said.

I think what they are setting up is a mailing list from the membership information; i.e., the email addresses that members provided when they joined the NVFAC.
    Oh ok.

Those are not automatically placed in a web forum database.
    Yes I know, thank you. Once in place it is a click and message and click to send.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollbar View Post

If you know how this is to be done give don@nvfac.org a shout and offer to help.

TBG

If they are going to send out to those who have not registered then it will have to be done manually-the ones in the data base are a click away.

Basically Admin would have to manually register them or do it through he back door/code.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Guy View Post
    If you know how this is to be done give don@nvfac.org a shout and offer to help.

TBG
    I have done so. I have suggested using MailChimp to manage the email newsletter. It is not the best tool for the task, but it is free for a list of up to 2,000 email addresses and 12,000 emails sent per month. They have a relatively easy to use API, and can import contact records easily. I would imagine that all member data (not just the forum accounts) are stored in a database of some kind which would make it a very simple task to send out a mass email message using MailChimp. If not, then the member sign-up system needs to be revised. I also offered to help implement and manage all of this, as well as help in producing the newsletter.
    Last edited by SoLasVegas; 08-13-2012 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoLasVegas View Post
    I have done so. I have suggested using MailChimp to manage the email newsletter. It is not the best tool for the task, but it is free for a list of up to 2,000 email addresses and 12,000 emails sent per month. They have a relatively easy to use API, and can import contact records easily. I would imagine that all member data (not just the forum accounts) are stored in a database of some kind which would make it a very simple task to send out a mass email message using MailChimp. If not, then the member sign-up system needs to be revised. I also offered to help implement and manage all of this, as well as help in producing the newsletter.

Good show. Anyone else want to step up. OCers unite!

TBG