• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Going for Open Carry in 2013

77zach

Yeah, there can't be any compromise with the police lobby. If they don't want to protect our rights then they can jump in a lake. Don't negotiate with these people.

hammer6

"BLAH BLAH BLAH WE ARE WORKING WITH COPS ON LANGUAGE WE CAN AGREE ON BLAH BLAH BLAH"

YO, **** WORKING WITH THEM, THIS IS ABOUT US!!! WE THE PEOPLE. If we just work with the cops for every damn law we make we can kiss goodbye the 2nd, 4th, and 5th amendments. This is outrageous.

you're right dude-

when this comes up again in the hearings or whatever, we need to be outspoken that we could give a flying **** what the police think, it truly is about us. the constitution wasn't written to please the police. we aren't even supposed to HAVE police.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Why were your tongues tied two years ago?

"This calls for immediate discussion!"

The FSA is a terrorist organization. Don't negotiate with terrorists! They hate the Bill of Rights and will stop at nothing to destroy it.

Screw the NRA. They get paid by the FSA to hand out bogus endorsements. More money than you'll ever be able to donate... The NRA is worse than Brady because they're pretending to be friends while stripping away (y)our Rights. Where did the NFA come from? It's expansions? Derp... The NRA has enacted more anti-gun legislation than all anti-gun organizations combined! Don't forget the battles lost by those who came before you. History didn't start the day you were born.

The fact that the NRA openly states that they are working with terrorists, instead of We the People, is all the information you need.

Last edited:

hammer6

okay, so i just listened to the video.... if the NRA gets it's "fix" to this law, people are STILL going to be arrested and tried, because how are they going to know intent of open carry? is the policeman now going to become judge and jury as to what is intentional or unintentional?

this is a complete misrepresentation of what the CWFL holders of florida want- we want the option to open carry, and the option to carry concealed. period.

if we let the NRA have it's way again, we are going to wind up with LESS than we have NOW.

let's support florida carry instead...

firedog

okay, so i just listened to the video.... if the NRA gets it's "fix" to this law, people are STILL going to be arrested and tried, because how are they going to know intent of open carry? is the policeman now going to become judge and jury as to what is intentional or unintentional?

this is a complete misrepresentation of what the CWFL holders of florida want- we want the option to open carry, and the option to carry concealed. period.

if we let the NRA have it's way again, we are going to wind up with LESS than we have NOW.

let's support florida carry instead...
Florida Carry has to cow tow to Mrs. Hammer and the NRA. If not they will lose any influence in the legislature. There are only six states that still prohibit Open Carry. Once open carry is law in FL the NRA would loose supporters to the cause in FL which equates to lost revenues. I don't know what the answer is to the NRA's position on FL's open carry issue is but I suspect it will not be a complete open carry agenda. It most likely will be a language change to define "briefly" so they can come back later and ask for full or constitutional carry. That would allow them to solicit more donations to continue the fight in 2014-2015 or longer.

Every FL resident should with hold their membership dues and donations to the NRA until Open Carry is passed in Florida. Maybe that will get their attention..

Last edited:

77zach

Florida Carry has to cow tow to Mrs. Hammer and the NRA. If not they will lose any influence in the legislature. There are only six states that still prohibit Open Carry. Once open carry is law in FL the NRA would loose supporters to the cause in FL which equates to lost revenues. I don't know what the answer is to the NRA's position on FL's open carry issue is but I suspect it will not be a complete open carry agenda. It most likely will be a language change to define "briefly" so they can come back later and ask for full or constitutional carry. That would allow them to solicit more donations to continue the fight in 2014-2015 or longer.

Every FL resident should with hold their membership dues and donations to the NRA until Open Carry is passed in Florida. Maybe that will get their attention..

Well, I'm not going to be surprised if we're screwed again but Marion Hammer is a very good lobbyist. Look how "reasonable" the NRA ended up in 2011 by their compromise. I think she's going to come back with general OC for license holders as the first option. Now she can say "we tried it your way, and it didn't work"

Nothing but general open carry, at least for CWF licensees will solve the problem Marion Hammer is talking about. Any "fixes" short of open carry of a holstered handgun can never result in protection because it means giving discretion to human beings, some of which have taken leo jobs for the petty power. The "only one" mentality. She knows this, obviously.

She's also 74 years old and assume she wants to see constitutional carry in Fl before her career is over. General OC for licensees is probably a necessary step. Tick-tock.

seminoles1999

NRA wants open-carry gun law in Florida

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -
The National Rifle Association will seek to pass a bill legalizing the open carrying of firearms in Florida during the 2013 session of the state Legislature, renewing a crusade for expanded gun rights that faltered last year, according to a longtime lobbyist for the group.

The envisioned legislation would make it legal for holders of concealed-weapons permits to carry exposed guns in public.

The lobbyist said the bill is necessary to protect such gun owners from harassment by police when they accidentally reveal concealed weapons in public.

A 2011 compromise that tweaked existing regulations to remove penalties for those who unintentionally expose a gun has not been sufficient protection, she said. As a result, the NRA has reverted to its original goal of open carry for concealed-weapons permit holders.

Eric Friday is a Jacksonville lawyer who's also Florida Carry's lead attorney.

"This is Florida, people aren't always wearing clothes. It's hard to conceal a firearm. You have to wear a suit coat or a jacket to conceal a firearm in the summer," Friday said.

The announcement comes at a time when the subject of firearm restrictions is even more emotionally freighted than usual. In the past three weeks, troubled gunmen have carried out two of the worst shooting massacres in recent U.S. history, leaving a total of 18 people dead and 61 wounded at a movie theater in a Denver suburb and a Sikh temple in Wisconsin.

"I think it re-emphasizes our position. Our position is guns save more lives than take lives. Our position is it's better to have a gun in the hands of a law abiding carrier than in the hands of a criminal," Friday said.

The 2013 bill is sure to attract national attention from both supporters and opponents of firearm regulations. Expanding open carry in states that don't allow it has become a cherished cause of gun-rights activists in recent years.

Dozens of states allow their residents to openly carry firearms, though many have restrictions on where it can be done or require licenses. Despite its generally permissive gun laws, Florida has not allowed its residents to sport pistols on their hips in plain sight since 1987, when the Legislature outlawed the practice. There's an exception for gun owners engaged in or traveling directly to or from hunting, fishing and camping trips.

A 2011 NRA-backed bill that would have legalized open carry for concealed-weapon license holders in Florida passed through committees in the state House and Senate. But it was severely curtailed after law enforcement officials. In the end, state gun laws were changed so that concealed-weapons permit holders would not be penalized if they "briefly" expose their guns accidentally.

Donald Foy is President of the organization Mad Dads. It's a group that actively works to stop gun violence. He doesn't support the legislation.

"I don't think an individual needs to be walking around like it's western days. I believe the individual has a right to protect his home the way it is now," Foy said.

NOTE: Watch Video of News Article Below Link

Source: http://www.news4jax.com/news/NRA-wa...orida/-/475880/16045994/-/l007so/-/index.html (Posted August 09)

Last edited:

77zach

"When you're walking down the street, your coat blows open and someone sees your gun and calls police, you shouldn't be arrested for violation of the open carry law,”

Um, I wear a coat a few days out of the year. The rest of the time it's hot as balls and I just want to OC for comfort. Somebody please tell me she's not serious.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Um, I wear a coat a few days out of the year. The rest of the time it's hot as balls and I just want to OC for comfort. Somebody please tell me she's not serious.

She's talking about the well-dressed proletariat types. they wear a 3-piece suit every day and spend their time in air conditioned buildings paid for by everyone else. The NRA is a LOBBYIST group, they're interest is only in serving those who give them the most money. Think of them as Legislators who don't have to hide the fact that they are 100% sellouts. They can do it openly instead.

The extent of evil in Politics isn't surprising. Peoples' denial of it is...

Why does this surprise anyone? What planet have you been living on for the last 150 years?

The NRA does not represent anyone but their richest contributors, the rest are fed propaganda to come along for the ride... Just like Legislators... Duh. Until you acknowledge the truth about these people, you'll never get your rights back. They are you enemies.

77zach

She's talking about the well-dressed proletariat types. they wear a 3-piece suit every day and spend their time in air conditioned buildings paid for by everyone else. The NRA is a LOBBYIST group, they're interest is only in serving those who give them the most money. Think of them as Legislators who don't have to hide the fact that they are 100% sellouts. They can do it openly instead.

The extent of evil in Politics isn't surprising. Peoples' denial of it is...

Why does this surprise anyone? What planet have you been living on for the last 150 years?

The NRA does not represent anyone but their richest contributors, the rest are fed propaganda to come along for the ride... Just like Legislators... Duh. Until you acknowledge the truth about these people, you'll never get your rights back. They are you enemies.

I don't get that with Marion Hammer. It's her career so she has to play games. But I don't understand what she means by a "correction". If she means licensed OC that's fine. For now. If she means another tweak at aimed at protecting people carrying concealed, it will fail by definition.

Last edited:

hammer6

I don't get that with Marion Hammer. It's her career so she has to play games. But I don't understand what she means by a "correction". If she means licensed OC that's fine. For now. If she means another tweak at aimed at protecting people carrying concealed, it already failed by definition.

there- i fixed it for you