• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Read N' Carry - Richmond Public Library, Main Branch 8/15/12 5PM-7PM

Tanner

Come on out and take a head count yourself.

(Seriously, I read your question as trying to decide a) if there will be enough folks to make the event "worth your while" or b) if you will be conspicuous should you show up. Option a) would make me very upset, and option b) makes me believe you need a backbone infusion. Hopefully you will be able to provide clarification on-site this afternoon.)

stay safe.

Yikes! a bit harsh but really it is option "C" as in I would cancel what I was planing to do this evening if there were only going to be a few people. Thus being at least 6 people becasue its more than 5. And I only asked because I saw a post from Grapeshot about how a few people sitting at a table OC wasent as impressive as a full library of OC.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Yikes! a bit harsh but really it is option "C" as in I would cancel what I was planing to do this evening if there were only going to be a few people. Thus being at least 6 people becasue its more than 5. And I only asked because I saw a post from Grapeshot about how a few people sitting at a table OC wasent as impressive as a full library of OC.

Either way makes a statement.
icon14.png

paramedic70002

While I'm not a frequent 'gun event' attendee due to circumstances often beyond my control, I would have made a special trip for this one. Unfortunately, here I sit at work missing the party. I'm looking forward to some news coverage though.

twoskinsonemanns

I thought this was a great statement on there.

Jared Miller-
The current wording makes sense? Really? How about a sign saying, "African-Americans are prohibited in this establishment unless permitted by law." (SOUNDS like a racist proibition, but the wording actually doesn't say so, since ALL African-Americans are permitted.)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Nobody got arrested, nobody shot anybody, and nobody ran screaming from the librart.

several got interviewed but I missed the news so have no idea who did not end up on the cutting room floor. Sitting here at 3rd st diner and need my fingers so will post more later.

stay safe.

taurusfan

By the way, how are things over at the Library of Virginia with regards to lawfully possessed firearms? It's a much nicer place to visit than the Richmond Library.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
And thats the view I was refering to! About 30 mins after you left a few people and I were talking to her about OC. Tipical BS about how someone told her she couldent carry until she was 21. Of all things there was a off duty cop there telling us about the "law"

She's not 21 yet..........hmm, that ain't iced tea in that glass. :uhoh:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
She is 20. And cant you serve at 18? Thats how it is where im from in FL. AND YES I KNOW IM NOT IN FL! Before anyone gets on my case
cough cough skidmark cough cough peter cough cough.

In Virginia, the legal drinking age is 21. To work in a restaurant that serves alcohol, you must be at least 18 years old; to be a bartender, the minimum age is 21.
http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/stateandlocallaws/1133835601.html

Question is, when does someone become a "bartender"?
http://www.abc.virginia.gov/licensing/abcfaq1.htm

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate