• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Read N' Carry - Richmond Public Library, Main Branch 8/15/12 5PM-7PM

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It's funny the first article in RTD prior to the event seemed PRO for the writers viewpoint. The writer that covered the event seemed to put a more ANTI slant on it. I guess that is the way the paper can stay neutral by having two different writers give opposite views on the same subject instead of providing an unbiased accounting of the news. If you only read one or the other articles you won't get the whole story.

The media thrives on controversy. Bland or boring news doesn't attract the masses. Advertising dollars are generated in direct proportion to the audience.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
This very unattractive person who quotes the following:

It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice,
273740_100000056110557_1397123714_n.jpg

Just called me a "Goon" and "Idiot" because I stood up for an ideal, or acted to improve the lot of others, or strike out against injustice.

Ginger, you're a hypocrite!

Last edited:

john-galt

I thought this was a great statement on there.

Jared Miller-
The current wording makes sense? Really? How about a sign saying, "African-Americans are prohibited in this establishment unless permitted by law." (SOUNDS like a racist proibition, but the wording actually doesn't say so, since ALL African-Americans are permitted.)

Darn, you posted this before me. I was thinking the same thing. What about "Women are prohibited, unless permitted by law". "Asians are prohibited..."

Great point!!

Last edited:

Tanner

Just called me a "Goon" and "Idiot" because I stood up for an ideal, or acted to improve the lot of others, or strike out against injustice.

Two posts in a row sorry but she is the reason I reopend my account with facebook. What a loony toon! She acts like we are deranged criminals leaving a wake of screaming people ducking for cover. Get a grip lady. for course I havent said this on FB. Trying to stay respectfull dispite her failure to do so

scouser

Two posts in a row sorry but she is the reason I reopend my account with facebook. What a loony toon! She acts like we are deranged criminals leaving a wake of screaming people ducking for cover. Get a grip lady. for course I havent said this on FB. Trying to stay respectfull dispite her failure to do so

Not only that, but she's claiming to speak for all the parents of the victims of Tech saying that none of them want guns on the campus there. I need to search back through my email archives for the VCDL email about Holly Adams, who's daughter (I can't remember her name) was murdered by the madman

scouser

Ginger Nut ..

if that means nothing to people here, it's the name of a biscuit (the cookie type) in the UK. Made me laugh anyway

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Points a laughs! HA HA HA!:monkey

Yea I had to reopen my Pukebook account to give them my two cents. Will be reclosing it shortly for I hate hate HATE facebook.

I wore it for the children (and Ginger)!:cry:

I went home and explained that to my 629. It forgave me!!!!

Last edited:

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Here is my article on her letter.

http://monachuslex.com/?p=514

Not only that, but she's claiming to speak for all the parents of the victims of Tech saying that none of them want guns on the campus there. I need to search back through my email archives for the VCDL email about Holly Adams, who's daughter (I can't remember her name) was murdered by the madman

scouser

Here is my article on her letter.

http://monachuslex.com/?p=514

I tried posting a link to that article after Grape listed it here, however I think RTD or someone else (The G Nut Biscuit perhaps?) took offense to me saying the claim that none of the parents from Tech victims would support guns on campus is 'bulls**t' and my comment vanished.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'm finishing up the video from the read in. There weren't any great speeches, no blood in the streets, no screaming patrons...just a group of people.

This is a few seconds from the middle. I kinda like the look Grapeshot is getting.:lol:

[video=youtube;ONdogh0qR2w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONdogh0qR2w[/video]

Tanner

I'm finishing up the video from the read in. There weren't any great speeches, no blood in the streets, no screaming patrons...just a group of people.

This is a few seconds from the middle. I kinda like the look Grapeshot is getting.:lol:

[video=youtube;ONdogh0qR2w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONdogh0qR2w[/video]

Now thats how you make a statement! Fade to black and end it there instead of the shot of Paul. Maby a text on the black that says "Guns save lives" Peter you should stop posting these things you are bring out the fire in me to start editing again! And I will go broke buying cameras and software! I wish I still had the video I made for the cancer socitiey that played in the bobcats arena during a Checkers game. The charlotte checkers is a ECHL hockey team that play out of the arena.

riverrat10k

Re: Ginger Walters.

Just sent this little ditty to the RTD via their on-line feedback function.

"After reading the recent article concerning the illegal regulation of firearms by the Richmond Public Library, I respectfully request that you remove the on-line comments from Ginger Walters and/or ban her from posting on your site. Of all the commentors, she was absolutely abusive in her language, calling other posters "goons" and "idiots". No other poster to the thread stooped to this low level of ad hominem attacks. I trust the appropriate steps will be taken against this overly-emotional person."

riverrat

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This about sums it up. For all public servants. And yea that includes me

Using such tactics are very much frowned upon here - under virtually no circumstances is physical force against officers a good idea. Street justice benefits no one.

We use the law as a means to right the wrongs. Meanwhile we obey the law or change it through the legislature or courts.

Tanner

Using such tactics are very much frowned upon here - under virtually no circumstances is physical force against officers a good idea. Street justice benefits no one.

We use the law as a means to right the wrongs. Meanwhile we obey the law or change it through the legislature or courts.

Guessing you posted that for the antis. You do realize I said all public servants (im a public servant) and dont acctually advocate violence of any kind.
I removed the picture

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Guessing you posted that for the antis. You do realize I said all public servants (im a public servant) and dont acctually advocate violence of any kind.
I removed the picture

Actually generally directed at anyone that might think such was justified. No one intended target.

ws91420

I think Ms Walters has nothing better to do than to stir the pot and be a professional one at that. It seems that she comments on just about everything with the intention of getting a rise out of someone.