• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Proposed CCW Rule Change Meeting - Energy, Mineral & Natural Resources Department

steveaikens

Opt-Out Members
This was already addressed. No idea how this will shake out. I'll let you know when I know the result.

Personally, I hope that part stands as is. There is one change that I addressed. The proposed change does NOT allow for a companion that is not a licensee to discharge a firearm in the park. The problem with that is, if the licensee is disabled and their companion fires the gun, the companion COULD be charged - regardless of the outcome. Folks may consider this an unlikely event but I've seen much worse from the left.

Steve Aikens

NMBill

October 31 -- Final Day for Comments. Act NOW.

A Steve notes above, the comment period for the proposed rule change ends today at 5pm.

...written comments will be accepted until October 31, 2012 at 5:00PM by mail or e-mail. Please mail written comments to April Alvarado, EMNRD, State Parks Division, 1220 S. St. Francis Drive, Santa Fe, NM 87505 or submit them by e-mail to april.alvarado@state.nm.us.

I encourage everyone to take a couple minutes to email Ms. Alvarado and express support for the proposed rule changes regarding firearms in State Parks. Feel free to cut and paste my comments above and send them in. My comments aren't brilliant, but they do express support. Trust me, you can make a difference. Staff will normally, at a minimum, report how many written comments they received in support and against the changes. Bottom line -- an "I support the proposed rule change regarding the concealed carry of firearms in State Parks" email will do.

Thanks, all who have commented or will comment.

steveaikens

Opt-Out Members
Concealed Carry - State Parks Approved - Effective 01/01/13

The New Mexico State Parks Division (Division) has completed its recent rulemaking process. The amended rules are scheduled to be published in Issue Number 24 of the New Mexico Register, on December 31, 2012, and become effective January 1, 2013. To view the amended rules visit http://www.nmcpr.state.nm.us/nmregister/.

The Division received hundreds of written comments. The majority of the comments were in support of allowing the possession of concealed carry handguns in state parks. The Division received numerous comments opposing the proposed rule on seaplanes and floatplanes.

SEAPLANES AND FLOATPLANES. The Division proposed adding a new section prohibiting the taxiing, landing, or takeoff of seaplanes or floatplanes in state parks. The Division received hundreds of comments opposing the implementation of this rule. Based upon the comments received, and given that the Bureau of Reclamation and United States Army Corps of Engineers already have regulations addressing seaplanes and floatplanes, the Division did not adopt the proposed rule.

To learn more about New Mexico State Parks visit http://www.emnrd.state.nm.us/SPD/.

XDm

I called yesterday and apparently it was down temporarily for maintenance but is back up now. Thanks.