• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Smart phone thing...help please?

Lostlittlerobot

So sorta related....I just got a smart phone/cell phone. I'm not a bafoon, but i havent had a cell phone...heh really until now. So yeah I'm a bafoon. **** me. I need help, what's this **** about right?

I got a samsung galaxy 3 s or whatever...

I want a upload thing, to the 'cloud' to the thing not onsite, 'offsite'

There was a link here once, police tape, took it straight to aclu

I wouldnt mind an auto upload to just 'my youtube' which i think i can figure out.

My galaxy 3 s, i can voice record and it seems cool, stores on my phone or card. I can listen to mps, surf the web, read news, watch OCDO,

When I try to video, if i minimize or close or something, it stops. I want an 'app' cause apparently programs are called now apps....****

that downloads, listens, reads, hears, records, and can potentially upload to 'offsite' but not aclu

I want a thing that i can start, then close/lock on my 'android' that doesnt stop recording so i can upload it offsite for evidcence....its like the thing WE ALL WANT. I might have missed it cause I didnt have a cell for years and years, but now its like huge to know/have.

So help!
Please!

I can make a youtube if thats what's needed, but what program/app does that stuff?

Thanks, love in advance. Lostlittlerobot

Frantic84

So sorta related....I just got a smart phone/cell phone. I'm not a bafoon, but i havent had a cell phone...heh really until now. So yeah I'm a bafoon. **** me. I need help, what's this **** about right?

I got a samsung galaxy 3 s or whatever...

I want a upload thing, to the 'cloud' to the thing not onsite, 'offsite'

There was a link here once, police tape, took it straight to aclu

I wouldnt mind an auto upload to just 'my youtube' which i think i can figure out.

My galaxy 3 s, i can voice record and it seems cool, stores on my phone or card. I can listen to mps, surf the web, read news, watch OCDO,

When I try to video, if i minimize or close or something, it stops. I want an 'app' cause apparently programs are called now apps....****

that downloads, listens, reads, hears, records, and can potentially upload to 'offsite' but not aclu

I want a thing that i can start, then close/lock on my 'android' that doesnt stop recording so i can upload it offsite for evidcence....its like the thing WE ALL WANT. I might have missed it cause I didnt have a cell for years and years, but now its like huge to know/have.

So help!
Please!

I can make a youtube if thats what's needed, but what program/app does that stuff?

Thanks, love in advance. Lostlittlerobot

http://www.xda-developers.com/

or

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=name.markus.droesser.tapeatalk&feature=related_apps#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwOSwibmFtZS5tYXJrdXMuZHJvZXNzZXIudGFwZWF0YWxrIl0.

Last edited:

Lostlittlerobot

againt not so MUCH a tech head....none of his thing sounded like 'this program is what you want to upload police footage who are going to smash your cam and punch your face'

thanks though, but want more!

Yard Sale

I just got an older Android phone and it turns out Cop Recorder 2 and OpenWatch Recorder won't do what I (you) want. They record stealthily, but wait for your later input. Open Watch Recorder later uploads to Open Watch servers and it seems they will post it without you having any say in the matter. This is completely useless if your device is stolen, smashed into pieces under the heels of jackboots, or a bottle of water is opened and spilled on it.

It looks like Qik and Ustream will record video to the internet and you can later control it. For example, you can edit it and put it on YouTube.

Sabotage70

I've used Ustream and it worked pretty well. The only thing, at the end of the recording it will ask if you want to save it. But it does stream live as it happens. and you can post to twitter and facebook at the start. it's a pretty neat little app. You can also take a live poll or ask questions and have your viewers respond live.

Yard Sale

If you stream and nobody is watching what happens? Is the broadcast archived?

I couldn't get ustream to work today. Can't create a show, wireless or 3G. Any tips?

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
I use ustream, dont know much about it, but it worked at METRO, I know it goes straight to my ustream channel. ands I know IU need to "practice" with it.
So, Ustream uploads in real-time? What happens if an unauthorized user interrupts the recording? Can that person delete it without a password?