• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1 dead, 2 wounded after breaking into gun shop

zack991

1 dead, 2 wounded after breaking into gun shop W/PHOTOS

The Associated Press

NORTH AUGUSTA, S.C. -- http://www.lakewyliepilot.com/2012/08/09/1624549/1-dead-2-wounded-after-breaking.html

Authorities say one man is dead and two others hospitalized after they crashed a van into a North Augusta gun store to steal weapons and were shot by the owner, who lived behind the business.

The Aiken County Coroner's Office says 20-year-old K'Raven Goodwin of Eastover was killed and the two men with him remain in the hospital after the shooting around 4 a.m. Thursday.

Deputies say the owner was checking on an alarm at his store when he confronted and shot the men. Investigators would not say if the men were armed or fired back.

Authorities say the two shooting survivors ran to a nearby Waffle House to call for help, while the third man was found in the store.

No charges have been filed as an investigation continues.

http://www.wrdw.com/home/headlines/Business--165560606.html
UPDATE: Arrest warrants issued for 2 surviving suspects after attempted burglary in Belvedere
Friday, Aug. 10, 2012

BELVEDERE, S.C. -- News 12 has learned warrants have been issued for the two surviving suspects in the attempted burglary at Guns and Ammo Gunsmith.

The Aiken County Sheriff's Office says Eddie Stewart and Franklin Robinson will be charged with burglary 1st, grand larceny and possession of a weapon during the commission of a violent crime. Both suspects are still in the hospital and will be taken into custody once they are released.

The Aiken County coroner says the third suspect, 20-year-old K'Raven Goodwin of Eastover, S.C., died from multiple gunshot wounds on Thursday morning.

Investigators say a vehicle crashed into the store to break in around 3:30 a.m.

The business owner, Stephen Bayezes, says he was asleep in his home behind the store when the alarm started going off. He woke up and ran to the store where he saw three men loading guns into the van. One of the men yelled, "Shoot the (explicative)," so Bayezes started shooting. He hit all three of the suspects, killing one as the other two fled.

Goodwin was left at the scene. Stewart and Robinson ran away to the Waffle House on Martintown Road near I-20.

Police were called to both scenes and the suspects were taken to the hospital.

The owner was very shaken up. He and his friends spent the morning cleaning up the store and boarding up the side wall.

This is the second time in three years the business has been broken into. After the last break-in in 2009, he added bars and a sign that says "24-Hour Armed Guard" to the front of his store.

The owner says the stolen guns were recovered from the van at Waffle House.

waffle.house.shooting.JPG

ammo.shop.2.JPG

ammo.shop.1.JPG

owner used AR15 SBR rifle accord to NRA news
ammo.shop.3.JPG

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Retreat !! To the Waffle House. Really? I would not think that going to a Waffle House is the action of a criminal but we'll find out. Maybe they just love waffles.

zack991

Retreat !! To the Waffle House. Really? I would not think that going to a Waffle House is the action of a criminal but we'll find out. Maybe they just love waffles.

Well those are gun free zones and who knows their nasty food may plug up some of those holes.

DWCook

Activist Member
Considering on what the owner went through and what could've happened, I do not blame him for taking direct action at all. I'm hoping and pretty sure the store owner will not have any negative actions put against him for this event.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Good to hear that the owner was able to defend himself and his store. Hope he has good insurance and that the criminals are forced to pay for the damage they caused.

twoskinsonemanns

owner used AR15 SBR rifle accord to NRA news
ammo.shop.3.JPG

Oh heck yeah.

Suck it Jesse:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rev-jesse-jackson/police-chiefs-are-right-b_b_1738147.html
Jesse Jackson said:
"An assault weapon is not useful for hunting game. It isn't easily available, like a handgun, for self-defense. It is designed for one purpose: war. These are weapons for domestic, homegrown terrorism. Aurora is close to Denver International Airport. A gunman at the end of a runway could shoot bullets through an airplane. Bullets were shot from the street into the back porch of the White House last year."

twoskinsonemanns

Apparently Walmart is too difficult for Jesse Jackoff. :lol:

Nice save by the GS owner. 2 TUs

I might have took his comment wrong, I thought he was trying to say AN AR15 wouldn't be a readily available for use as self defense as a handgun. But yeah, Ar15s at walmart and any other gun shop I've ever been to.

Freedom1Man

Seriously? While brainstorming places to rob, a gun store came out on top? On another note, nice SBR!

Well, not all are as well defended, they have the tools that can be used to commit more robberies, there are criminals who would pay good cash for stolen guns, etc.

One gun shop I know of had thieves tunnel underneath the shop to rob it.