• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Going to Esther Short for a bit.

The Patriot

Hey all,

I am going to Esther Short Park for a bit with the kids. I will be at the water under the trees reading. I will be wearing my black Chucks hat. If you are in the area come say hi.

The Patriot

Good encounter

Hey all,

I had two good encounters. First one is when I was feeding the parking meter. Gentleman from Alaska mistook me for a Meter reader. We chatted as we walked to the crosswalk and he said "it probably scares away the bad guys" I said that was the intention.

2nd was with a gal at the fountain, she asked about my pistol and said that she was thinking about getting one. I let her know to go to a range and rent one and the peeps there would help her pick the right size and fit for her and then let her shoot. She asked about open carry and I gave her the abridged version. Gave her the website info. Over all it was a great day with family and good encounters.