• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seahawks fans will be searched with handheld metal detector

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
I was hoping they would not resort to this !

If you're going to the Seahawks game tonight, you'll face a couple of things that may slow you down. In addition to traffic tie-ups all over the area, you will be subject to a search with a handheld metal detector.

The new rule is in accordance with the National Football League.

You will be asked to remove all metal objects from your pockets and hold them visibly in your hands. Metal objects include, but are not limited to, the following: coins, keys and cell phones.

Full Story

I am sure everyone is aware of how dangerous it can be walking to and from your car at a professional sporting event, The Tuba Man Ed McMichael what was killed comes to mind.

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
When I went to a Redskins game a couple of years ago they were already doing pat-downs. I'm not surprised by this recent development.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I was hoping they would not resort to this !

I am sure everyone is aware of how dangerous it can be walking to and from your car at a professional sporting event, The Tuba Man Ed McMichael what was killed comes to mind.

Wasn't he kicked to death OUTSIDE the stadium? Yes, they were patting down some 95 yrs old fan during this ..

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Wasn't he kicked to death OUTSIDE the stadium? Yes, they were patting down some 95 yrs old fan during this ..

I was under the impression the assault occurred outside the park after a game, but I found it was just after midnight at a bus stop near by.

On Oct. 25, police say, McMichael, 53, was near a bus stop in the 500 block of Mercer Street when thugs attacked, beating and robbing him after midnight. He was taken to the hospital for head wounds and was home recovering. But he died sometime Sunday or early Monday.

"We believe his death was directly connected to the assault," Seattle police spokesman Sean Whitcomb told me Monday night. Gang and homicide detectives were handling the case.

Two juvenile suspects were in custody, and detectives are looking for three other people. "This is tragic," Whitcomb said. Police are seeking the public's help.

"Ed passed away overnight," Ronny Chesvick said Monday. Chesvick works at the Vermont Inn, where McMichael lived. "Ed was a great guy. Funny. Friendly. Easygoing. We all loved him."

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Violence-takes-iconic-Tuba-Man-1290369.php#ixzz23HXlKcAO

It still shows a direct need to be able to defend oneself and disarming the public to attend a sporting event, I have better things to spend my money on.

Last edited:

Freedom1Man

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.300

(2) Cities, towns, counties, and other municipalities may enact laws and ordinances:

(a) Restricting the discharge of firearms in any portion of their respective jurisdictions where there is a reasonable likelihood that humans, domestic animals, or property will be jeopardized. Such laws and ordinances shall not abridge the right of the individual guaranteed by Article I, section 24 of the state Constitution to bear arms in defense of self or others; and

(b) Restricting the possession of firearms in any stadium or convention center, operated by a city, town, county, or other municipality, except that such restrictions shall not apply to:

(i) Any pistol in the possession of a person licensed under RCW 9.41.070 or exempt from the licensing requirement by RCW 9.41.060; or

Just a friendly reminder.

I noticed that 9.41.060.... Get a fishing license carry a small fishing pole with you, could be fun.

Last edited:

SigPacker

I wonder if they will have this for Sounders games... hope not - will report back after the next match...

amlevin

"Keep it under your hat." ;);)

That's what I love about my Kel-Tec P3-AT :):)

Anyone ever notice that you get a better view when watching the games at home? Sometimes with slightly less beer spilled on you:)

Snacks are cheaper too.

Just think how nice a TV/Home Theater one could buy with the amount a couple of Season Passes cost not to mention you can watch the team on away games with the same premium seating (no beer or urine running under it like in some stadiums). No blocked view either.

Don't have to worry about some crackhead breaking into your car you parked 2 miles away in an alley as it was the only thing you could afford after buying the season passes.

Also don't have to stand in line just to pee in a trough.

3/325

Anyone ever notice that you get a better view when watching the games at home? Sometimes with slightly less beer spilled on you:)

Snacks are cheaper too.

No blocked view either.

Don't have to worry about some crackhead breaking into your car you parked 2 miles away in an alley as it was the only thing you could afford after buying the season passes.

Also don't have to stand in line just to pee in a trough.

Good Lord, man; you just dissed everything that IS the American football experience. Do you hate apple pie, too? :D

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
How does any of ths relate to the Seahawks and/or the NFL?

stay safe.

(2) Cities, towns, counties, and other municipalities may enact laws and ordinances:

(a) Restricting the discharge of firearms in any portion of their respective jurisdictions where there is a reasonable likelihood that humans, domestic animals, or property will be jeopardized. Such laws and ordinances shall not abridge the right of the individual guaranteed by Article I, section 24 of the state Constitution to bear arms in defense of self or others; and

(b) Restricting the possession of firearms in any stadium or convention center, operated by a city, town, county, or other municipality, except that such restrictions shall not apply to:

(i) Any pistol in the possession of a person licensed under RCW 9.41.070 or exempt from the licensing requirement by RCW 9.41.060; or

I noticed that 9.41.060.... Get a fishing license carry a small fishing pole with you, could be fun.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members

How does any of ths relate to the Seahawks and/or the NFL?

stay safe.

It does not apply to private entities and in this case Seattle Seahawks or another sports team, it is just a shame they want to restrict possession.

Kildars

It does not apply to private entities and in this case Seattle Seahawks or another sports team, it is just a shame they want to restrict possession.

So who owns it?

Why would the law address stadiums unless it meant stadiums?

It is owned and ran by the Washington State Public Stadium Authority and thus subject to that RCW. You should be able to show your CPL and get in. Now whether or not the guards realize the law, I'm not sure.

IANAL.