• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yeah, right.

XDFDE45

Sure, let's listen to the guy who's police dept. was cooking the books and under reporting crimes to make him look good
icon_rolleyes.gif

http://www.wisconsinwatch.org/2012/08/08/top-cop-blames-nra-for-laws-failings/

MKEgal

I'm surprised that someplace calling itself the "WI Center for Investigative Journalism" didn't bother to, oh, say, investigate the claims put forth by the person they were interviewing, as well as doing some investigating to find out how unreliable & untrustworthy he is.
Flynn said:
I can’t conceive of a mass-casualty incident horrifying enough to give courage to state and federal lawmakers to enact common sense reforms.
That's really scary.
I'd hope that after "enough" mass murders (VA Tech, Northern IL U, Columbine, Aurora, Oak Creek...) eventually even the most ignorant & anti-rights elected official would come to understand that disarming victims doesn't make them safer,
and making it harder for the good citizens to protect themselves doesn't make them safer,
etc.
But I don't think these are the "common sense reforms" he had in mind.
Whenever the phrase "common sense reforms" is used w/r/t gun control, it means more of the SOS that's failed miserably so far. It means they want to try to make the US like England - no legal guns, skyrocketing rate of violent crime.

Firearms Iinstuctor

I belive in common sense reforms repeal the 86 full auto ban, repeal GCA 68 ,then to make all well repeal 1934 gun control act.

Do one of those for each for the next 3 years and well have some common sense put back in the gun control debate.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Police cooking the books? Old news....one cop in NYC documented all this several years ago ... had lots of stuff: quotas being given, classifying a burglary as vandalism, etc.

protias

I'm surprised that someplace calling itself the "WI Center for Investigative Journalism" didn't bother to, oh, say, investigate the claims put forth by the person they were interviewing, as well as doing some investigating to find out how unreliable & untrustworthy he is.

Can you ever really trust a felon?

twoskinsonemanns

Flynn says the gun lobby wields “an unconscionable amount of power” over the political process...

Any power that a lobby representing individual rights has is too much. It's a direct challenge to our totalitarianism.

E6chevron

Flynn stresses that he supports gun ownership and even concealed carry, which was in place in other states he’s worked, albeit with stricter standards. He just wants to deny permits to people convicted of illegal firearms possession or who qualify as repeat offenders (three or more misdemeanors over the prior five years) under an existing state statute.

Chief Flynn should start out implementing these stricter standards, in a jurisdiction that he has control over:

The Milwaukee Police Department.

If people who really are violent habitual criminals, have not been convicted of a felony, I would be very interested in who they are, and why they only have misdemeanor convictions. Are the police and the prosecutors, involved in too much plea bargaining, reducing charges in return for information, problems with evidence... what?