Thread: Trip to Seattle

Trip to Seattle

Hi all,

Long time lurker, wanted an update on the downtown Seattle situation. I will be leaving my bubble in Spokane to visit Burien this next weekend, and the Fiancee wants to take the light rail into downtown. I will be CC'ing all weekend. Any places I need to be aware of within downtown Seattle? Really dont want a story to tell. Thanks!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing View Post
    Hi all,

Long time lurker, wanted an update on the downtown Seattle situation. I will be leaving my bubble in Spokane to visit Burien this next weekend, and the Fiancee wants to take the light rail into downtown. I will be CC'ing all weekend. Any places I need to be aware of within downtown Seattle? Really dont want a story to tell. Thanks!

I don't go there often but when I do, I OC. Never had any issues.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing View Post
    Any places I need to be aware of within downtown Seattle? Really dont want a story to tell. Thanks!
    Seattle has kind of a dual personality. By day there aren't many places that one needs to worry about. By night the list becomes quite long. In general, the Club areas of Belltown and Pioneer Square seem to be the biggest problems. It's also a good idea to avoid the "hoods" by night. If you don't live there and aren't visiting someone you know, why go there anyway. Outside of "downtown" the biggest area to avoid would be Rainier Valley. That would be Rainier Avenue from Jackson Street all the way to Renton.

Enjoy your days and be careful at night.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Oh sorry guys, I lived in Seattle for close to 10 years. I was talking more about the Seattle PD and the Mayor's crackdown? Anything I need to be aware of about that. I know something went on but didn't pay a ton of attention because it wasn't in my immediate area.

We don't have that mayor anymore. The PD are generally aware of Washington state carry laws so the chance of getting hassled is minimal.