• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Trip to Seattle

Nightwing

Hi all,

Long time lurker, wanted an update on the downtown Seattle situation. I will be leaving my bubble in Spokane to visit Burien this next weekend, and the Fiancee wants to take the light rail into downtown. I will be CC'ing all weekend. Any places I need to be aware of within downtown Seattle? Really dont want a story to tell. Thanks!

sudden valley gunner

Hi all,

Long time lurker, wanted an update on the downtown Seattle situation. I will be leaving my bubble in Spokane to visit Burien this next weekend, and the Fiancee wants to take the light rail into downtown. I will be CC'ing all weekend. Any places I need to be aware of within downtown Seattle? Really dont want a story to tell. Thanks!

I don't go there often but when I do, I OC. Never had any issues.

amlevin

Any places I need to be aware of within downtown Seattle? Really dont want a story to tell. Thanks!

Seattle has kind of a dual personality. By day there aren't many places that one needs to worry about. By night the list becomes quite long. In general, the Club areas of Belltown and Pioneer Square seem to be the biggest problems. It's also a good idea to avoid the "hoods" by night. If you don't live there and aren't visiting someone you know, why go there anyway. Outside of "downtown" the biggest area to avoid would be Rainier Valley. That would be Rainier Avenue from Jackson Street all the way to Renton.

Enjoy your days and be careful at night.

Nightwing

Oh sorry guys, I lived in Seattle for close to 10 years. I was talking more about the Seattle PD and the Mayor's crackdown? Anything I need to be aware of about that. I know something went on but didn't pay a ton of attention because it wasn't in my immediate area.