• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hey M-Taliesin; need assistance in Denver area search.

F350

It looks like I very well may be headed to Afghanistan post haste, hoping to get another 18 months in before the capitulation (did 20 in Iraq). My former employer called saying they are in severe need of phone techs for the military on base phone systems; could easily be gone in a <30 day window.

I need to pick up some military equipment, particularly looking for side zip desert combat boots, current issue duffel bag .....

Do you know of a good surplus store in the Denver area? I may be in the area end of next week (wife has a meeting) and we might be able to meet up.

M-Taliesin

Do you know of a good surplus store in the Denver area? I may be in the area end of next week (wife has a meeting) and we might be able to meet up.

Howdy Pard!
Whoa... I didn't see this until just this very minute.
Okay, I will need to make a few calls to check what's available.
There oughtta be something.

(by the way... this problly should have been a PM rather than an open post on the forum, but I can understand why you'd put it here.)

I am off Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.

One of the best surplus stores in the whole area is up in Thornton/Northglenn area. I will check with them.
I will also check with a terrific store in Colorado Springs.
I would wager we can get you squared away without much trouble.

Just let me know when you'll likely be coming my way, and I may can arrange another day if those above don't work for you.

Meanwhile, I'll be calling to check availability of those items for you!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited:

F350

Howdy Pard!
Whoa... I didn't see this until just this very minute.
Okay, I will need to make a few calls to check what's available.
There oughtta be something.

(by the way... this problly should have been a PM rather than an open post on the forum, but I can understand why you'd put it here.)

I am off Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.

One of the best surplus stores in the whole area is up in Thornton/Northglenn area. I will check with them.
I will also check with a terrific store in Colorado Springs.
I would wager we can get you squared away without much trouble.

Just let me know when you'll likely be coming my way, and I may can arrange another day if those above don't work for you.

Meanwhile, I'll be calling to check availability of those items for you!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Figured I might get some suggestions from others on surplus store if I posted in the open. We can go PM if you prefer.

Wife's meeting is Friday in Inverness, no reason we couldn't stick around Sat if that works out.

Last edited:

Wolfstanus

I know of a couple in the springs.

One I have visited in a while. The other has lots of tan surplus boots. Most new very few seem to be in a used state if any.

US surplus
3922 n. academy blvd
719-574-6623
or
2475 s academy blvd.
719-574-8993

There's also a surplus store in old Colorado. And another one were the old target was... I think near 85/82nd? Can't remember.

I wear service boots all the time. Most side zipped.

Last edited: